Noel Gallagher on Talksport

Completely agree, love the man - just saying he's not ageing well (not that any of us are!)
Ha! You wouldn't age too well if you lived his lifestyle!
We were in his company (Noel was there as well but back doored it around 1am) a couple of years ago at a hotel in Barcelona after the CL and the state of us all at 7am wasn't pretty..

I'm not really a fan actually. I thought they were good for about 2-3 years and then lost what made them great. But I remember oasis selling 250,000 tickets at Knebworth in a couple of hours at a time when we could barely get 25k. And as the guy above says, that's just the UK.

I have no idea how many fans they had at their peak but I will wager it was more than 20 times as many as we had. So my comments are based on simple facts, not opinion. So let's hear you tell me why I'm the "silly" one...

So Oasis sell 250,000 as a Knebworth one off (I think that was over 2 shows how many of those fans went to see Prodigy, Charlatans or Manic Street Preachers on the bill?) we average 25,000. What would Oasis have averaged performing 21 times over 9 months at the same venue, with the same again the next year? So it is opinion as we have no idea how many fans Oasis had or City for that matter its subjective.

Its silly to state as "fact" that one is 20 times bigger than the other for that reason, there is nothing to even vaguely rationalise the point either way other than your opinion which you are of course entitled to.

Mike has been following us home, away and in Europe since the 70s. A proper blue.

Indeed, a proper Blue. I have been on the same train as him from Euston a few times. Wears his City scarf with pride and appears to be more than happy to talk to other Blues about his beloved City. Comes across as a friendly and polite bloke.

Saying that, everything he has been associated with musically, is utter shite. IMHO, of course. :)

Indeed, a proper Blue. I have been on the same train as him from Euston a few times. Wears his City scarf with pride and appears to be more than happy to talk to other Blues about his beloved City. Comes across as a friendly and polite bloke.

Saying that, everything he has been associated with musically, is utter shite. IMHO, of course. :)

I was sitting here nodding along until your last sentence.

M people I will give you, but he's a Mancunian dance music legend. He certainly made the first house record in Manchester (T-Coy), and if you listen to his early 80s Factory stuff with Quando Quango it predates the rise in dance music by years.

I'm guessing it wasn't your bag but if you stood in the Hacienda in the late 80s rushing from a disco biscuit while he dropped Italian and American classics you will always have a place for him in your heart.

Interestingly, his lad bursts into tears on that film when we win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.