Noel Gallagher on Talksport

So Oasis sell 250,000 as a Knebworth one off (I think that was over 2 shows how many of those fans went to see Prodigy, Charlatans or Manic Street Preachers on the bill?) we average 25,000. What would Oasis have averaged performing 21 times over 9 months at the same venue, with the same again the next year? So it is opinion as we have no idea how many fans Oasis had or City for that matter its subjective.

Its silly to state as "fact" that one is 20 times bigger than the other for that reason, there is nothing to even vaguely rationalise the point either way other than your opinion which you are of course entitled to.

No, you're the "silly" one because you have just done a classic "straw man argument" and missed out 90% of my post and tried to focus on one tiny irrelevant bit of it to score a point in an argument you've lost. You missed the fact that the Knebworth tickets sold in an hour. You missed the fact that they played to hundreds of thousands more people round the world at that time -maybe millions. You missed the point about number of records sold. You missed the point the American guy added about their comparative fame in the USA.

Now nobody can say for definite whether oasis in the 90s were ten, or twenty, or fifty times "bigger" than City because there are many different metrics you could use. But the truth is that whatever one you chose, oasis were miles bigger, which comes back to your original point: you claimed that Noel Gallagher "latched on" to City. Which was plainly small minded pettiness on your part, with no basis in reality whatsoever, bearing in mind the facts.

I was sitting here nodding along until your last sentence.

M people I will give you, but he's a Mancunian dance music legend. He certainly made the first house record in Manchester (T-Coy), and if you listen to his early 80s Factory stuff with Quando Quango it predates the rise in dance music by years.

I'm guessing it wasn't your bag but if you stood in the Hacienda in the late 80s rushing from a disco biscuit while he dropped Italian and American classics you will always have a place for him in your heart.

Interestingly, his lad bursts into tears on that film when we win.

It's not by bag, DD. Granted lots of people like it and he certainly is talented. Just not the kind of music I like.

As for the Hacienda, a little bit before my time.

No, you're the "silly" one because you have just done a classic "straw man argument" and missed out 90% of my post and tried to focus on one tiny irrelevant bit of it to score a point in an argument you've lost. You missed the fact that the Knebworth tickets sold in an hour. You missed the fact that they played to hundreds of thousands more people round the world at that time -maybe millions. You missed the point about number of records sold. You missed the point the American guy added about their comparative fame in the USA.

Now nobody can say for definite whether oasis in the 90s were ten, or twenty, or fifty times "bigger" than City because there are many different metrics you could use. But the truth is that whatever one you chose, oasis were miles bigger, which comes back to your original point: you claimed that Noel Gallagher "latched on" to City. Which was plainly small minded pettiness on your part, with no basis in reality whatsoever, bearing in mind the facts.

We are probably bored of this one now aren't we?

The main point in the post of yours I was replying to was the 250,000 at Knebworth think I covered that 100% hence your mute response to that part of it. I didn't know the tickets sold in an hour but so what? Do you know who they all wanted to see then? Maybe 100 fans, maybe 10,000 fans, maybe 100,000 fans, maybe 1,000,000 fans, maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe......

Also there is a big wide world outside of America you know, I really don't think think 9/10 yanks had heard of Oasis in the 90s do you? Come on get a grip.

Think you have tried to pull it round in the end by saying nobody knows for definite (sport v music) which was exactly my point!! My original point was that I thought he was a dick and the way he latched onto City, this is in reference to him being in the dressing room sat with Russell Brand at West Ham gurning and so on. Everyone seems to have sat behind him now in the Kippax or Platt Lane or been out for a drink with him so fine. Hey its only my opinion wouldn't say it is small minded or petty I don't know why you are so touchy about the subject.

Mike has been following us home, away and in Europe since the 70s. A proper blue.
Yep. I have that video of me next to him and Noel at Euston station after we won the league the 2nd time singing the zaba song. What a train journey to London what was!! Seen him numerous times since - very nice guy, and proper Manchester music legend through and through, as far as the hacienda style music is concerned.
Still DJs a fair bit doesn't he?

I love you fucking genius

YOU ARE THE BEST

The wednesday in Argentine, Stadium Luna Park

Jih0Mzh.jpg

Oasis,the gallaghers helped me through the 90's watching city,in fact they were more entertaining,ctid

I've got to say I can't help but smile when I see Noel on TV these days, he seems way funnier and more laid back and friendly then he ever used to be. It suits him, I was never mad on Oasis to be honest(I did like Wonderwall, Don't look back in anger and the other big ones though still good to this day IMO) when they first hit the big time, there was a lot of hype and forced comparisons to the Beatles and the rivalry with Blur(I actually preferred Blurs stuff at the time, Oasis seemed to have an old sound about them where Blur with The Great Escape sounded a little more fresh and unique to me both great bands though) harmed both bands it seems to me. How can any City fan not love Noel though he's awesome for us, funny, witty, genuinely a fan who cares about the club and knows his shit.

I think Hatton deserves his props for flying the City colours way before the takeover too, his fight vs Mayweather and the buildup to it(24/7) had a fucking huge worldwide audience, people underestimate how much exposure a fight like that gets(not every country likes football... every country likes fighting its the oldest sport of them all) asia, india etc "massive" populations. These days he never seems too happy or enthusiastic about anything though when he's on TV, hope he can pull through and start enjoying life again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.