Noisy basta*ds

The dog in the house behind ours seems to know when I'm going for a shit. I won't hear it for most of the day but the second my arse touches that seat it goes mental.

Good idea to contact RSPCA, dog probably neglected and has shitty owner who doesnt care.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I have had what could laughingly be described as a feud with my next door neighbour for nearly eight years now.

When I moved in in 2004 he came round and introduced himself. "Hi I'm Andy" in what I would say was an Edinburgh accent. Just thought I'd welcome you etc.. Then at the end came his Columbo moment "ah yes, there's just one more thing. The tree in your garden overhangs into mine and I wondered if you could get it cut back".

Being an open tent sort of chap I agreed if we would pay half each, which he agreed to. When the tree surgeon came round with the bill - £145 - I gave him £75 (I have always been a big tipper) and told him to collect the balance from next door. About five minutes later he was back saying that Andy didn't know what I was talking about. I regret doing this, but I paid this guy the balance and vowed never to speak to the neighbour again. It's not that I am scared of conflict - quite the opposite - but I think my ego got the better of me and I didn't want to seem petty.

My wife thinks I should let bygones be bygones but I'm a very petty man (I realise that is somewhat in conflict with the last sentence). I do regret not confronting it at the time as it's too late now. Blanking him for eight years is not worth the price of him thinking he's got one over on me.

Not my finest hour that one.
Long story short, was asked by letting agent I used to do work for to price up and replace an old delapidated fence on a tenants property in Hyde, was also told it was a shared fence with a newsagents next door and to ask them if they wanted to contribute towards the cost, did all measuring and costings etc and went in shop to talk to owner, I was fairly smartly dressed as I was not actually doing the job there and then and I had my clip board under my arm, asked assistant in shop if I could speak to owner, she looked me up and down clocked the clip board and promptly said he`s visiting relatives in Pakistan, I said its ok its just about the fence and told assistant about what was going on and it could wait a couple of weeks, I was about to go when I presume a Jumbo jet just landed outside and the owner appears !!! and asks me how much I wanted from him, told him £100 would be fine as a goodwill gesture and he immediately agreed, week later job done tenants happy letting agents happy I go in shop, see mr globe trotter and he said what am i talking about he never agreed to pay anything, heated argument ensued infront of customers who scarpered, was`nt getting anywhere with the twat so went out to my truck got my cordless drill driver and 4inch screws and screwed his front door shut into the frame and knocked ends of screws over so they couldnt get em out and same to side gate i`d just built for him, there were some repercussions but i`ll bet that twat lost more than £100 in trade that afternoon.

Re: Re: Noisy basta*ds

DortmundDummy said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I have had what could laughingly be described as a feud with my next door neighbour for nearly eight years now.

When I moved in in 2004 he came round and introduced himself. "Hi I'm Andy" in what I would say was an Edinburgh accent. Just thought I'd welcome you etc.. Then at the end came his Columbo moment "ah yes, there's just one more thing. The tree in your garden overhangs into mine and I wondered if you could get it cut back".

Being an open tent sort of chap I agreed if we would pay half each, which he agreed to. When the tree surgeon came round with the bill - £145 - I gave him £75 (I have always been a big tipper) and told him to collect the balance from next door. About five minutes later he was back saying that Andy didn't know what I was talking about. I regret doing this, but I paid this guy the balance and vowed never to speak to the neighbour again. It's not that I am scared of conflict - quite the opposite - but I think my ego got the better of me and I didn't want to seem petty.

My wife thinks I should let bygones be bygones but I'm a very petty man (I realise that is somewhat in conflict with the last sentence). I do regret not confronting it at the time as it's too late now. Blanking him for eight years is not worth the price of him thinking he's got one over on me.

Not my finest hour that one.
Long story short, was asked by letting agent I used to do work for to price up and replace an old delapidated fence on a tenants property in Hyde, was also told it was a shared fence with a newsagents next door and to ask them if they wanted to contribute towards the cost, did all measuring and costings etc and went in shop to talk to owner, I was fairly smartly dressed as I was not actually doing the job there and then and I had my clip board under my arm, asked assistant in shop if I could speak to owner, she looked me up and down clocked the clip board and promptly said he`s visiting relatives in Pakistan, I said its ok its just about the fence and told assistant about what was going on and it could wait a couple of weeks, I was about to go when I presume a Jumbo jet just landed outside and the owner appears !!! and asks me how much I wanted from him, told him £100 would be fine as a goodwill gesture and he immediately agreed, week later job done tenants happy letting agents happy I go in shop, see mr globe trotter and he said what am i talking about he never agreed to pay anything, heated argument ensued infront of customers who scarpered, was`nt getting anywhere with the twat so went out to my truck got my cordless drill driver and 4inch screws and screwed his front door shut into the frame and knocked ends of screws over so they couldnt get em out and same to side gate i`d just built for him, there were some repercussions but i`ll bet that twat lost more than £100 in trade that afternoon.

Genius.

Next door used to put his dog on a line at front of house and it would yap its arse off every day as we live virtually next to a school and the kids teased it, i worked nights at the time and it woke me every day, told a work mate about it and he said he had same problem with a dog in a back yard years ago, he threw some ex-lax over and the problem stopped, i did the same to this dog much to my wifes disgust but she dont work nights does she, and it worked for me too, i think neighbours thought kids had poisoned it ;)) result.

M22 Blue said:
The dog in the house behind ours seems to know when I'm going for a shit. I won't hear it for most of the day but the second my arse touches that seat it goes mental.

That would do my head in. I need peace and quiet when I'm dropping Mr and Mrs Brown off at the coast. Have you tried putting something on there that isn't you, for example a sand bag, to see if it still starts barking? This phenomenon needs further investigation.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
M22 Blue said:

That would do my head in. I need peace and quiet when I'm dropping Mr and Mrs Brown off at the coast. Have you tried putting something on there that isn't you, for example a sand bag, to see if it still starts barking? This phenomenon needs further investigation.

i never have a spare sand bag in the house !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.