Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your judging players from international form shall we ditch Aguero? He's been pretty awful in the copa.
It is an uninspiring signing though,he's not a player that will improve is in a significant way. Don't get me wrong,he is a good player and in matches for Celta Vigo he has been good but he's never going to be a player that gets the juices flowing.

Well, according to people on here, Pep likes to play with inverted wingers which means that Nolito and Sterling would both be playing on the right and Navas would be on the left.
And Sterling doesn't seem better suited to the right to me.

He is pretty one footed and seems to have more ability to sprint outside his defender than to cut inside and beat his opponent. That clearly suggests he is better suited on the right. Also, check out his goal against us in the 2014 title decider. Down the right flank. Havent seen him score a goal anyway comparable to that for us (there was the goal against Bournemouth, but that's - well Bournemouth).

It is an uninspiring signing though,he's not a player that will improve is in a significant way. Don't get me wrong,he is a good player and in matches for Celta Vigo he has been good but he's never going to be a player that gets the juices flowing.

For 13.8m, we are not going to get a Messi. It's less than we paid for Navas following 3 years of huge transfer price inflation. So if he adds depth to our squad and can be a major spark off the bench, that's a good signing.

I don't disagree but a team full of superstars isn't always the way you win things.

Your mate isn't a rag is he? he scores who cares how it goes in
He's as blue as they come. A passionate season ticket holder obsessed with City. I assume he meant"scruffy mis-kicked" type goals? I think he was making the point he's not a "Lampard or Yaya type" goal scorer. They can create goals from virtually nothing.

He is not a player who will ever be a stand out performer in a game. Does his job fine,but thats about the height of it.

I'm sorry but this comment shows you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.

He was the stand out performer in nearly every single Celta Vigo game last season, including their games vs. Barclona and Real Madrid when he ran them ragged. He was literally their star player and pretty much everything ran through him.

If you don't know anything about a player, why not just keep quiet until you've seen him play a bit instead of bullshitting?

Pep wants somebody familiar with his systems that will be consistent and hopefully hit the ground running. Hopefully he will be a steady Eddie that will feature prominently for a couple of years. By that point we should have a kid or two ready to step up.

Players like Negredo, Jovetic, sterling, bony and Navas got the juices flowing. I know Raheem has time on his side but look how the rest faired.

Cant all be 30mil superstars.

A charming man once said you cannot have a band full of guitarists (or words to that effect).

Wise words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.