Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's madness that some people are writing him off before he's even joined, let alone kicked a ball for us. Perhaps we should trust Guardiola's judgement. He knows which players fit his system.

Agreed. How about we all trust in our new manager and assume he knows what he's doing. Full Spain international, rumoured interest from Barcelona...he's not Scott Sinclair is he?

Not only that but the 18m Euros price tag makes it another great value signing along with Gundogan. Nolito and Gundogan for the price of one Sadio Mane...it'll do for me!

It's madness that some people are writing him off before he's even joined, let alone kicked a ball for us. Perhaps we should trust Guardiola's judgement. He knows which players fit his system.
Couldn't agree more. Lets be honest none of those who are slating him have seen him play except 3 games. The fact that he is coming cheap those people arn't getting excited about him. You could sign David Silva for 14 mill if he hadn't played for us and no one would be excited.

I think Silva will be back to his best next season.

It still strikes me though that Nolito is intended to be a support player and not a regular starter barring injury. In that role he'd likely improve our team.

Many on this thread (and who knows, I could be wrong) seem to think that Nolito is being pursued as a regular starter - but if Pep has been given pretty much a blank check, is this the best player we can sign as a starting winger/forward?

Put another way...

Do you see Nolito starting for Barcelona, Real, Bayern or even PSG?

He was more productive than Sterling and Navas put together last season, but because we're only signing him on the cheap and he won't be a starter seems to be the logic on here.

I think Silva will be back to his best next season.

It still strikes me though that Nolito is intended to be a support player and not a regular starter barring injury. In that role he'd likely improve our team.

Many on this thread (and who knows, I could be wrong) seem to think that Nolito is being pursued as a regular starter - but if Pep has been given pretty much a blank check, is this the best player we can sign as a starting winger/forward?

Put another way...

Do you see Nolito starting for Barcelona, Real, Bayern or even PSG?
Bayern's wingers are now Douglas Costa and Kingsley Coman. had you heard of them?

Nolito has had a very impressive Euros and a fantastic season in La Liga. I saw a stat earlier in the topic which gave his assists and it was at the top of La Liga just behind Messi which is pretty good seeing as their forwards are Iago Aspas and John Guidetti.

His record in terms of assists and chances created is very good. And also got a better striking record at his club than their strikers!

This signing reminds me a lot of the Negredo signing. Not a stand out name but similar ages, both willing and tireless runners and players who are perceived to lack technique and quality. I hope and have the faith in pep to believe this will work out just as well as negredo did in the first half of his first season.

Bayern's wingers are now Douglas Costa and Kingsley Coman. had you heard of them?

Nolito has had a very impressive Euros and a fantastic season in La Liga. I saw a stat earlier in the topic which gave his assists and it was at the top of La Liga with Messi which is pretty good seeing as their forwards are Iago Aspas and John Guidetti.

His record in terms of assists and chances created is very good. And also got a better striking record at his club than their strikers!
Are any of Bayern, PSG, Real, or Barca linked to Nolito?

He's an older player who has had a good season and who can IMO fill in as a backup player. But - also IMO - he doesn't strike me as someone whom an UCL-winning side would purse to start in their squad.

Are any of Bayern, PSG, Real, or Barca linked to Nolito?

He's an older player who has had a good season and who can IMO fill in as a backup player. But - also IMO - he doesn't strike me as someone whom an UCL-winning side would purse to start in their squad.
Barca were linked before the Euros started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.