Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the stats of both Sane and Nolito, it is clear what Pep wants in his wingers. They should be quick, direct and help the defense. So maybe, the 3-5-2 theory may just be true.
Think it fits a Bayern style 433 much better, neither Sane nor Nolito look like wing backs to m, I see a front 3 with KDB behind in a Muller role then 2 deeper midfielders behind De Bruyne.

Think it fits a Bayern style 433 much better, neither Sane nor Nolito look like wing backs to m, I see a front 3 with KDB behind in a Muller role then 2 deeper midfielders behind De Bruyne.
Just another possibility is all i'm sayin. 4-3-3 seems the best suited for Prem, but let's wait and see. Pep is not your avg gaffer, 4 formations in a single match....

Pep is known to have small squads in leagues that don't have: League campaign, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and either Champions League/Europa. So let's stop hanging on to the "Pep likes a small squad" deal. If anything the amount of targets we're linked with, and the fact that Pep wants to rotate with a talented squad(no "squad players") means that it's very possible we'll buy more than usual in certain positions.

The only real difference is that we don't have a winter break and I don't think Bayern Munich have the equivalent of a league cup. As far as I can tell, Pep takes every competition seriously and isn't the type to sacrifice a potential medal for another. Chances are that he will fully intend to give the league cup his best shot and also expect that from the players.

However, his thinking behind having a relatively small squad is that it's easier to manage egos and keep everyone happy. I can't see him going against that principle and potentially risking the morale of his players for those extra five or so games a season.

The only real difference is that we don't have a winter break and I don't think Bayern Munich have the equivalent of a league cup. As far as I can tell, Pep takes every competition seriously and isn't the type to sacrifice a potential medal for another. Chances are that he will fully intend to give the league cup his best shot and also expect that from the players.

However, his thinking behind having a relatively small squad is that it's easier to manage egos and keep everyone happy. I can't see him going against that principle and potentially risking the morale of his players for those extra five or so games a season.
The Bayern squad wasn't that small 19 players played over 20 games plus 1 played 17, so if you include the sub keeper that's a squad of 21 , about the same as ours last season, and they play 4 games less and a cup competition less.

The Bayern squad wasn't that small 19 players played over 20 games plus 1 played 17, so if you include the sub keeper that's a squad of 21 , about the same as ours last season, and they play 4 games less and a cup competition less.
Exactly this, he wants to manage egos but he also doesn't want passengers that usually get deemed "squad players" every player in the squad must be capable of slotting right into the XI with out the quality of the team dipping. Players don't know who's in the XI until every practice has happened and bases around who understood the tactics for the game ahead the best.

I think Bayern used somewhere between five and ten players less than us in total last season.

I just tried adding it up but I'm heavily under the influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.