Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha!
Here it is.

20hxba0.png

Still on par, if not better than most of them considering he plays for Celta Vigo.
Biggest thing I get from that is the Sterling / Martial comparison, and the way the two are reported.

Did you even read my post?

I addressed the very issue you've brought up. Pep is a squad rotator like none other, it's not strange in the slightest to have multiple signings to the same positions. Further, it's highly possible Sterling and Navas will be nothing more than squad depth at this point.

Beyond even that, Aubameyang brings things none of the other players we are linked to do - the ability to be a pure striker/centre forward.

So, no. I don't see Nolito being a replacement for or indicator we are out on Aubameyang. He represents a good value buy with a reliable finish, something we currently sorely lack on the flank.
Yeah I read your post

Point 1 was 14 million wasn't a barrier
Point 2 was Pep Rotates.

I said point 1 is not the issue with Nolito being an indicator that it will make Auba less likely to come.

Then I addressed point 2 by showing we will have players who can be rotated in these positions. So Pep being a squad rotator still doesn't make it likely he'd add 2 more.

Not to mention Pep is also know for liking a small squad. So if he buys Nolito and keeps Navas and Sterling as has been suggested he will, it is unlikely he'd also buy 2 more attacking options.

Hence why I concluded by saying, getting Nolito depresses the chances of getting at least one of Auba or Sane.

Here is the logical tree I followed:
Based on the number of adaptable players we have, we are unlikely to buy 3 more attacking players.

So if one is Nolito, that leaves us Less likely to get at least one of the other 2.

Pep is known to have small squads in leagues that don't have: League campaign, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and either Champions League/Europa. So let's stop hanging on to the "Pep likes a small squad" deal. If anything the amount of targets we're linked with, and the fact that Pep wants to rotate with a talented squad(no "squad players") means that it's very possible we'll buy more than usual in certain positions.

That stat comparison is very interesting. First, I had no idea how apparently good of a player Nolito seems to be.

Secondly, as mentioned above, the comparison of Sterling to Black Ronaldo. Fans of the Nonsense would surely claim their turgid attack under vG played a role. I'd see their vG and raise them Pellers as far as a terrible offensive setup.

Anyway, Nolito. 14 mil? Sounds like good business. Assuming they don't stick him on 4 years at high wages. Which I'm sure they will, unfortunately.

Just looking at the stats of both Sane and Nolito, it is clear what Pep wants in his wingers. They should be quick, direct and help the defense. So maybe, the 3-5-2 theory may just be true.

Agudo Duran? He can fuck right off with a name like that.

What's that, Nolito? Sign him up Txiki, he sounds class.

His name fits 'No Limit' like a glove and that's the hallmark of any great.
Couldn't get a more 80s' name than Agadoo Duran Duran :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.