Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation.

I don't see how a signing around £14 million affects us acquiring Aubameyang, even if we do end up coughing up £40+ million for Sane.

Pep will basically have a blank cheque to get who he wants. And he's as big a squad rotator as any manager in the game, so it's not unthinkable he'd have multiple signings for similar roles.

In short: don't give up on Aubameyang yet.
Money is not the reason why getting Nolito makes getting Auba unlikely. Squad availability is. If we get Nolito and Sane, plus Sterling and Navas we now have a 4 at the wing forward position. And this doesn't even include Silva DeBryune and Nasri who can all be deployed in those areas. It is this consideration that makes getting Auba less likely.

Perhaps a better way to put it will be this: if we get Nolito, then one of Sane or Auba isn't coming. We simply aren't buying 3 wing forwards.

Money is not the reason why getting Nolito makes getting Auba unlikely. Squad availability is. If we get Nolito and Sane, plus Sterling and Navas we now have a 4 at the wing forward position. And this doesn't even include Silva DeBryune and Nasri who can all be deployed in those areas. It is this consideration that makes getting Auba less likely.

Perhaps a better way to put it will be this: if we get Nolito, then one of Sane or Auba isn't coming. We simply aren't buying 3 wing forwards.

Did you even read my post?

I addressed the very issue you've brought up. Pep is a squad rotator like none other, it's not strange in the slightest to have multiple signings to the same positions. Further, it's highly possible Sterling and Navas will be nothing more than squad depth at this point.

Beyond even that, Aubameyang brings things none of the other players we are linked to do - the ability to be a pure striker/centre forward.

So, no. I don't see Nolito being a replacement for or indicator we are out on Aubameyang. He represents a good value buy with a reliable finish, something we currently sorely lack on the flank.

I was thinking about it last night, I've already said in the Kroos thread that I believe Txiki has been playing a game of chess for a while with the end goal being us signing Toni Kroos and Real getting Pogba after we have pushed the price up forcing real to sell a prized asset. What if Aubamayang was all part of this end game and we've been nudging the price up I.e. Wage demands etc dor Real spend -€200 mill on 2 players and €500,000 a week on those wages. We could easily ease that pressure by paying €60mill for Kroos and his €200,000 a week wages.

Did you even read my post?

I addressed the very issue you've brought up. Pep is a squad rotator like none other, it's not strange in the slightest to have multiple signings to the same positions. Further, it's highly possible Sterling and Navas will be nothing more than squad depth at this point.

Beyond even that, Aubameyang brings things none of the other players we are linked to do - the ability to be a pure striker/centre forward.

So, no. I don't see Nolito being a replacement for or indicator we are out on Aubameyang. He represents a good value buy with a reliable finish, something we currently sorely lack on the flank.

I agree here. Personally I hate having silva out wide and I'd prefer KDB not play wide either. I think it's definitely more probable than not that we get 1 and not the other unfortunately.

I'm not sure how much faith I'd have having to rely on Sane/Sterling carrying so much pressure/weight either. Especially playing at the same time.

Stones, Sane, Gundo, and Nolito puts as at around 120£. We've heard rumors of I believe 150£. I could easily see is getting Aubameng also which would put us around 165£. I think 200 is a fair estimate of what we might spend. We could land Kante and maybe a LB/orCB to get to that close to 200.

Anyway just throwing rough numbers out there but I don't think Aubameyang is dead at all.

I would love to see Aubameyang here, would be our biggest signing of the summer if he signed......but I'd be more than happy with a summer spend of Stones, Sane, Gundogan and Nolito...all 4 would step straight into our starting 11....

If he can emulate his last season's form for us, he'll be a bargain. This will also take some pressure off of Raheem, and Pep could then work on his development accordingly.

2saxowj.png

If he can emulate his last season's form for us, he'll be a bargain. This will also take some pressure off of Raheem, and Pep could then work on his development accordingly.

2saxowj.png
I'm.not a fan of these types of stat comparison. It favors the guys who had more minutes. Better to compare percentages per 90 minutes. That's a better indicator.

I'm.not a fan of these types of stat comparison. It favors the guys who had more minutes. Better to compare percentages per 90 minutes. That's a better indicator.
Gotcha!
Here it is.

20hxba0.png

Still on par, if not better than most of them considering he plays for Celta Vigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.