Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's better than Navas but not by much. Good price but a treading water signing.
Nolito seems better in attack but lacks Navas' pace in defence. He gave some clumsy fouls away and 34 year old Srna got the better of him a number of times tonight. Perisic was class tonight.

Assuming kdb / sterling / aguero / sane or auba would be first choice,

We would possibly have the best reserve attack in the league: silva, nolito, navas, nacho.
Yeah. Nasri's days probably now numbered if Sane comes in as well.

He's not a world beater but he would be an improvement over Navas as he can actually put the ball in the net.

Assuming kdb / sterling / aguero / sane or auba would be first choice,

We would possibly have the best reserve attack in the league: silva, nolito, navas, nacho.

I still don't think we will be getting all three of Auba, Sane and Nolito, but if Nolito is now close to being done I hope the other is Sane. I really want to see Pep build something special with some young potential superstars that can serve us well for years to come, exactly like he did at Barcelona. If Nolito bridges a bit of a gap for £14m then fair enough, but I won't be expecting him to set the world on fire.

He'll get 15- 20 goals a season for a couple of years and then the kids will take over.

Great business by the club, we needed to find another goalscorer because we were too predictable last year.

People keep saying "is he gonna be a reserve or a starter" and that's a mistake.

There is no such thing with Pep. He rotates every single game. We aren't going to have a first team/second team, just a squad of about 20 players who all play regularly.

29 years old? Dont want to sound negative and I truely hope he does well for us, but not exactly and inspiring signing or one for the future is it? I mean its the same with Vardy, good player but would anyone want him at 29? No I wouldnt neither and he's played a big part in winning the League with Leicester while this chaps been playing for a mid table team for the past 4 years. meh signing

29 years old? Dont want to sound negative and I truely hope he does well for us, but not exactly and inspiring signing or one for the future is it? I mean its the same with Vardy, good player but would anyone want him at 29? No I wouldnt neither and he's played a big part in winning the League with Leicester while this chaps been playing for a mid table team for the past 4 years. meh signing

why the hang up about his age? £14M and 3 or 4 great seasons, where is the problem?

Right, but it's the perfect age if...

A) The player is inexpensive because of it, and

B) You have a young kid whom you want to be filling that role in 3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.