Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolito is right footed and Spain use him as a left sided player, as they like their wingers to cut inside. As its looking like Pogba and Aubameyang are no longer options....In my opinion, I see Sane as the signing and project Pep could want the most....he's already mentioned in the past that he thinks Sane is one of the best players in europe in his age group.....I believe Nolito was just a case of excellent business and a chance too good to turn down..Spanish international , that can help the team for a very cheap price... but I see Sane's as the long term target and the one that will get me excited! ;)
Played on the left for Celta Vigo all last season also , personally see him as a good alternative for the price quoted works hard , chips in with goals and knows he system , sane looks the most exciting for me as well !!

I would rather see us turn good players into excellent players than just going into the market place and spunking money on overpriced players.
Nolito makes perfect sense to me.

Nolito is right footed and Spain use him as a left sided player, as they like their wingers to cut inside. As its looking like Pogba and Aubameyang are no longer options....In my opinion, I see Sane as the signing and project Pep could want the most....he's already mentioned in the past that he thinks Sane is one of the best players in europe in his age group.....I believe Nolito was just a case of excellent business and a chance too good to turn down..Spanish international , that can help the team for a very cheap price... but I see Sane's as the long term target and the one that will get me excited! ;)
I've never seen Sane play, and having seen Nolito I am hoping we sign him. I would think that would kill the Sane deal as we have Roberts in the pipeline and Sterling.

Seems a good, pragmatic signing at that price. £13.8m for a full Spanish international in the current market is not to be sniffed at, especially if it frees up funds to address other areas of the squad.

Down side is that presumably we won't be getting both Sane and Aubameyang now, and I suspect from Brennan's tweet earlier the latter looks less likely.

Still, securing two quality internationals for under £35m is a good start to the window, and certainly improves the squad. Hopefully there will still be a 'marquee' signing this window.

I've never seen Sane play, and having seen Nolito I am hoping we sign him. I would think that would kill the Sane deal as we have Roberts in the pipeline and Sterling.

Hi mate....when I first read about this deal getting done I was concerned it meant we'd moved on from Sane....but not sure they are the same player and believe Sane is the protect and long term talent Pep enjoys helping to reach their full potential....Sane is the long term "build your team around" type player (like a Kev signing)...I like the Nolito signing but at 30yrs old in Oct...I dont see it as a player we can count on for the next 5years...Where Sane would give us that, in my opinion!

I would rather see us turn good players into excellent players than just going into the market place and spunking money on overpriced players.
Nolito makes perfect sense to me.

I'm fairly so-so on this deal, he looks like he'd make a sound addition and he won't be expensive, but his age profile is a negative and I'd hope this wouldn't mean that there'd be no more additions in wide areas and that we'd still pursue Sane.

But it's important to point out that there's not much of room for improvement at his age, he's 30 in October. So people shouldn't expect him to advance greatly from where he is now, we'll be getting him at his peak.

Nolito and Sane. And our attack is sorted. Sane hopefully to start ahead of Navas. While Nolito is an option on the left with Sterling. From what i understand, both Sane and Nolito can play centre if Aguero/Nacho are injured/rested. Which is why Nolito probably ends any hope of Auba.

But since Nolito is much cheaper than Auba. I hope we can spend that on other areas. Our marquees have always been forwards/attacking midfielders (Aguero, KDB). Would love a marquee midfielder for a change.

Seems a good, pragmatic signing at that price. £13.8m for a full Spanish international in the current market is not to be sniffed at, especially if it frees up funds to address other areas of the squad.

Down side is that presumably we won't be getting both Sane and Aubameyang now, and I suspect from Brennan's tweet earlier the latter looks less likely.

Still, securing two quality internationals for under £35m is a good start to the window, and certainly improves the squad. Hopefully there will still be a 'marquee' signing this window.

Ric, I'm just hoping this isnt a backup plan for missing on Sane.....Nolito is excellent bit of business but Sane is the type of talent you can build round for the next 5-6years....

Ric, I'm just hoping this isnt a backup plan for missing on Sane.....Nolito is excellent bit of business but Sane is the type of talent you can build round for the next 5-6years....

Sane is left-footed and plays on the right. Nolito the opposite. So there is no way Nolito and Sane deals are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.