Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan and Nolito for 35m ....cannot argue with that so far ....

We are owed this Summer 20m from Edin and Jovetic deals, sold Forfana for 2.5m and another defender for 1.5m

So net cost so far of those 2 is 11m
Pretty sure edin was was wrapped up a long time ago ,and inter are trying to flog jovetic for £13m to save them paying us out ..
So nett cost is about £16m so far

Agree with a lot of what you're saying mate but these opening and closing statements seem to make everything else redundant.

Starter or squad player, he seems to be a very smart buy.
For 14m I'm all in! :-)

The point I guess I'm trying to make... is that I don't see him being signed as a starter. Maybe he has a fantastic season and becomes a starter; maybe we don't end up signing another winger and by default he's our starter... but for City - my club - my club with the best manager in the world - my club that wants to immediately challenge for the UCL.... some 14m Winger from Spain in a not-so-great forward line, hardly seems like a planned first choice starter.

Backup. Yes.

Big backup improvement. Yes.

And from what I've read in the press, someone who doesn't cause trouble at all and is a tremendous team player. Yes.

14m for a starting winger in a UCL winning side - in one of the wealthiest squads in the world who need a starting winger and who can spend 50, 60, 70 million or more for that position - are you kidding me?

Last edited:
Fernandinho was just turned 28 Nolito is nearly 30 around a 2 1/2 year difference and forwards tend to lose sharpness earlier. Not saying he is a poor buy as outside the Euros I have never seen him play but I don't anticipate longevity being one of his leading qualities. Varies quite a lot from player to player and it sounds like the rags maybe signing a 35 yr old. forward.

Some forwards lose sharpness but most of the better players will combat the slight loss of sharpness by using there football brain. He is technically sound. Hell Barca are looking at him again so he must be doing something right. To have the top clubs wanting him. I think he will get us goals and be a good player for us.

Do you think pep is buying him for long term or to achieve what he wants this year? You can afford to buy a player for 13.5 mill and have him do the business for one season. Remember the rags with RVP.
I would imagine we think he will be good for more than one year, I'd have thought anticipating a contract extension would be speculative, but I've no more knowledge than anyone else and a lot less than the people buying him I hope, some players go on more than others, RVP had long standing injury issues .

For 14m I'm all in! :-)

The point I guess I'm trying to make... is that I don't see him being signed as a starter. Maybe he has a fantastic season and becomes a starter; maybe we don't end up signing another winger and by default he's our starter... but for City - my club - my club with the best manager in the world - my club that wants to immediately challenge for the UCL.... some 14m Winger from Spain in a not-so-great forward line, hardly seems like a planned first choice starter.

Backup. Yes.

Big backup improvement. Yes.

And from what I've read in the press, someone who doesn't cause trouble at all and is a tremendous team player. Yes.

14m for a starting winger in a UCL winning side - are you kidding me?

your logic is disgusting

Agreed on the "I haven't seen enough of him" part.

But, International squads are tricky - politics and simple lack of anyone worthwhile at a particular position means the likes of Jo and Fred start for a supposedly top top squad (I actually believe that Brazil kind of suck, but I think you take my point).

A commercial squad though with a lot of money (like City), can pick and choose from the best. No way we'd settle for second rate in any position.

Nolito strikes me as a very good team player with enough skill to fill in when someone better needs a rest and/or is injured. 14m asking price seems to confirm that opinion. I don't mind at all that we're interesting in signing him - but he's just not good enough by a long shot to regularly start for me.

I think him getting a starting position, despite not being veterans or coming from a big club (Real and Barca players much more likely to get the nod under Del Bosque), speaks a lot about his performance. If you look at it more loosely, he's actually picked ahead of Pedro (who threw a tantrum about it), Lucas Vazquez, Saul, Isco, Paco, Juan Mata, Torres, Navas, etc. Of course a part of the reason is due to his directness, dribbling, dynamism and work rate, but he's not Navas. Navas is more of an out and out winger while Nolito likes to cut inside. A few weeks ago Marca and AS hailed him as the successor of David Villa. Although peak Villa is obviously a few levels higher and he shoots far more than Nolito, their style of play and attitude do have similarities. Just look at the movement, the tenacity and the desire to be a team player first and foremost.

I'll admit that I didn't watch him week in, week out; only two matches each season, the La Liga highlights and when he played with Spain, but more often than not he impresses me. Thus I'll be more than happy if he signs. At present I think he's good enough to start ahead of Sterling (not a dig at Raheem, simply an opinion based on current ability and form), but then a lot depends on how he will settle in.

fiat_n_dog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.