Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup - no clue on release clauses in Spain.

As I've said though - 14m for a backup who may have a few great seasons and could potentially start - smart business.

14m for someone who is 29 years old, and who presumably (given the buyout) is just now having a break-out season - yeah, clearly a starter on a UCL side. NOT!.

You really know nothing at all about him, do you?

I mean, you PRESUME he's having a break out season, without even bothering to look it up.

Similarly, you didn't do your homework about other clubs in on him. Barca wanted him.

Instead you looked at the price and judged him based on that. Makes you look foolish in the extreme.

As I've said though - 14m for a backup who may have a few great seasons and could potentially start - smart business.

14m for someone who is 29 years old, and who presumably (given the buyout) is just now having a break-out season - yeah, clearly a starter on a UCL side. NOT!

A backup for me - admittedly speculative - and an improvement to our squad.

A regular starter... no way - could be wrong though.

And just for grins - suppose that Spanish release clauses were totally out of sync and that all sorts of great players are available for cheap. Then whey aren't Barca, Real, PSG, etc. all pursuing these awesome bargains.

In particular, why aren't we in a dog fight between one or more of these clubs for Nolito?

I'd say it's because his transfer fee is judged to be approximately accurate by top football clubs.

you do know that he is currently starting for the reigning European Champions?

my take on it is that Pep has looked at what we have available out wide -
Nasri, Silva, De Bruyne all can play there but prefer to drift in and out
Navas and Sterling haven't exactly torn up trees
Barker and Roberts - he will want to see up close

14 million for a goal scoring, hardworking wide player who is very capable to play wide in a 3. Priceless if you ask me

14m for someone who is 29 years old, and who presumably (given the buyout) is just now having a break-out season - yeah, clearly a starter on a UCL side. NOT!

I personally see him as a regular starter as he would be our best wide player but ultimately that will be decided by Guardiola. He knows him well enough and so will be well aware of what he can offer.

my take on it is that Pep has looked at what we have available out wide -
Nasri, Silva, De Bruyne all can play there but prefer to drift in and out
Navas and Sterling haven't exactly torn up trees
Barker and Roberts - he will want to see up close

14 million for a goal scoring, hardworking wide player who is very capable to play wide in a 3. Priceless if you ask me

Correct.

I think he'll essentially be a wide forward ...like Messi.

Aguero will occupy the CDs and Nolito wil double team with the wide men (Sterling/Sane/Navas/whoever) on the fullback so there's a 2 against 1 situation.

Just me guess from seeing him playing in the Euros and the Pep video TH posted a few days back. Think it could work well.

A backup for me - admittedly speculative - and an improvement to our squad.

A regular starter... no way - could be wrong though.

And just for grins - suppose that Spanish release clauses were totally out of sync and that all sorts of great players are available for cheap. Then whey aren't Barca, Real, PSG, etc. all pursuing these awesome bargains.

In particular, why aren't we in a dog fight between one or more of these clubs for Nolito?

I'd say it's because his transfer fee is judged to be approximately accurate by top football clubs.

Your arguments are some of the most bizarre stuff I've ever seen on this forum.

It's basically:

- He cost £14m so he can't be good.

- He's 29 so he can't be good.

- No one else has signed him so he can't be good.

You admit to having no idea what he's like or how good he is, but say he must only be a back up.

It's the most ludicrous reductive reasoning ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.