Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that.... but another who doesn't significantly improve the best eleven isn't a decent signing.... or do you call Roswell/Sinclair etc decent signings.... its 14m spent on someone same as we got... decent would be using it on full backs, which could be significantly improved.
A decent signing for me improves the team significantly... not adds a number to the squad (or at least potential to do first)

If I'm wrong I will bring this thread back and admit it.
I'm sure pep is working on other areas of the squad,there will be something that goes under the radar for sure.As it stands we have 2 decent additions to the team and the window is not open yet

Sorry but I ignored the goals when we signed Benjani as well ;).......Bony had a 'fairly good' scoring record too... or do you rate him?

That's right, a guy who scores 12 goals in La Liga and 5 in 7 games for Spain is being compared to Bony scoring for Swansea.

That's how stupid this discussion has become.

You are just being arguementative for the sake of it,i'm out

I'm simply trying to make my point which you seem to not even what to think about.....I do get what you're saying (even though I don't agree;) )

Put it this way.... one promoted side signs 5 players same as they have.'.. the other signs 2 significantly better than what they have... the latter have far better chance of survival..... works at the top too!

I get that.... but another who doesn't significantly improve the best eleven isn't a decent signing.... or do you call Roswell/Sinclair etc decent signings.... its 14m spent on someone same as we got... decent would be using it on full backs, which could be significantly improved.
A decent signing for me improves the team significantly... not adds a number to the squad (or at least potential to do first)

The simple fact is we won't know if this would be a good signing or not until the end of next season. Ok so it is not five star addition but it may prove to be a very decent signing. Certainly I think it would eclipse Rodwell/Sinclair/Delph and probably be better than the much maligned Navas. If the manager believes that this guy can add something to the side we owe it to bow initially at least to his vastly superior knowledge of the player compared to our relative ignorance. I have stated many times before that Pep is likely to mix and match a number of lesser lights with one or two blockbuster signings. However, the best of the best are not always available and if they are can be difficult to land. Patience I think is required.

I don't think it's only about improving our best 11. Sometimes you need different options. Pep's known for having various formations sometimes 2 or 3 during a game to confuse opponents. What if Aguero gets injured again? What if we bring in Auba and he gets injured as well? Nolito can score goals differently than any of our midfielders. He cuts back in from the left and shoots. Sterling doesn't do that often enough and you can't always rely on KDB to get you a goal. Having another goal threat puts defences on their heels.

You talk about using the money to buy fullbacks, but I don't see any fullbacks on the market that's available that would be able to play Pep's style. The only one I see is Bellerin and he's not coming. We don't know what formation(s) Pep will play with, but he will improve the way we play. He could play 3 at the back and have Navas as a wingback. Who knows. Pep has a plan and I trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.