Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Nolito...he has many attributes but, most importantly, he is a goalscorer.

Your arguments are some of the most bizarre stuff I've ever seen on this forum.

It's basically:

- He cost £14m so he can't be good.

- He's 29 so he can't be good.

- No one else has signed him so he can't be good.

You admit to having no idea what he's like or how good he is, but say he must only be a back up.

It's the most ludicrous reductive reasoning ever.

TBF.......it's no more ridiculous than your "he plays for European champions Spain so must be good" argument...........Navas was a world champion ;)

I personally see him as a regular starter as he would be our best wide player but ultimately that will be decided by Guardiola. He knows him well enough and so will be well aware of what he can offer.
Anyone that says something followed by NOT, IAFC and probably a teenager.

You really know nothing at all about him, do you?

I mean, you PRESUME he's having a break out season, without even bothering to look it up.

Similarly, you didn't do your homework about other clubs in on him. Barca wanted him.

Instead you looked at the price and judged him based on that. Makes you look foolish in the extreme.

Keep seeing this thrown around as a reason why we should be in for him. Barca signed Vermaelen 2 years ago, should we of been in for him too? Their situation is entirely different to ours, they're looking for a backup player for the front 3 as there's no improving them and he offers them additional benefits such as being homegrown and cheap (important to them if rumours are to be believed that they're on an extremely tight budget) Whereas we're looking to improve our starting players in that area and money isn't the issue.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be in for him, i don't know enough about him in all honesty. I'm just saying we have a very different criteria when it comes to recruitment in that position than Barcelona, and interest from them shouldn't be used to justify his quality an offer a reason why we should be in for him.

We have as many happyclappers who believe everyone we sign are world beaters as any other club, this thread confirms that.

They then spend the rest of the time slagging the player off in his own thread once signed...... because they convinced themselves they were getting so much more than the reality.

Keep seeing this thrown around as a reason why we should be in for him. Barca signed Vermaelen 2 years ago, should we of been in for him too? Their situation is entirely different to ours, they're looking for a backup player for the front 3 as there's no improving them and he offers them additional benefits such as being homegrown and cheap (important to them if rumours are to be believed that they're on an extremely tight budget) Whereas we're looking to improve our starting players in that area and money isn't the issue.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be in for him, i don't know enough about him in all honesty. I'm just saying we have a very different criteria when it comes to recruitment in that position than Barcelona, and interest from them shouldn't be used to justify his quality an offer a reason why we should be in for him.

Exactly.'..... the current 'regular' becomes the backup....... except Barca can't realistically improve their attack.... we can.

MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 3h3 hours ago
It was a direct call from Pep Guardiola which persuaded Nolito to agree to join City. [@tjcope]

CljtEilWMAEx0br.jpg

31 retweets46 likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.