Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
@southamptonblue nice strawman you just took down.

Keep seeing this thrown around as a reason why we should be in for him. Barca signed Vermaelen 2 years ago, should we of been in for him too? Their situation is entirely different to ours, they're looking for a backup player for the front 3 as there's no improving them and he offers them additional benefits such as being homegrown and cheap (important to them if rumours are to be believed that they're on an extremely tight budget) Whereas we're looking to improve our starting players in that area and money isn't the issue.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be in for him, i don't know enough about him in all honesty. I'm just saying we have a very different criteria when it comes to recruitment in that position than Barcelona, and interest from them shouldn't be used to justify his quality an offer a reason why we should be in for him.

Easy there, I never said that was a reason to sign him.

The person I was responding to used the lack of interest from other clubs as evidence that he's undesirable. I was pointing out that, in fact, Barca were among other teams who wanted Nolito.

But sure, you know team building better than Pep Guardiola. Never mind Nolito, City could have saved a few bob and got you as coach instead.

Could Nolito be a replacement for Nasri?

MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 4h4 hours ago
Samir Nasri faces a serious fight to stay at City if the Blues complete the signing of Spain winger Nolito. [MEN]

CljhWSoWgAAoa1a.jpg

17 retweets23 likes

Exactly.'..... the current 'regular' becomes the backup....... except Barca can't realistically improve their attack.... we can.
If we want to spend big money on Auba/Sané, Stones and possibly other defenders,who are you spending money on that can be realistically purchased this window? That upgrades the left side and allows us to use KDB/Silva in the middle thus improving our overall attack?

We have as many happyclappers who believe everyone we sign are world beaters as any other club, this thread confirms that.

They then spend the rest of the time slagging the player off in his own thread once signed...... because they convinced themselves they were getting so much more than the reality.
No-one is calling him a world beater just looking at his goal return and price and conclude he is a decent signing

No-one is calling him a world beater just looking at his goal return and price and conclude he is a decent signing

I get that.... but another who doesn't significantly improve the best eleven isn't a decent signing.... or do you call Roswell/Sinclair etc decent signings.... its 14m spent on someone same as we got... decent would be using it on full backs, which could be significantly improved.
A decent signing for me improves the team significantly... not adds a number to the squad (or at least potential to do first)

If I'm wrong I will bring this thread back and admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.