Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
@southamptonblue nice strawman you just took down.

Easy there, I never said that was a reason to sign him.

The person I was responding to used the lack of interest from other clubs as evidence that he's undesirable. I was pointing out that, in fact, Barca were among other teams who wanted Nolito.

But sure, you know team building better than Pep Guardiola. Never mind Nolito, City could have saved a few bob and got you as coach instead.

Wasn't specific to you personally, i just said i keep seeing it mentioned on here, and in most instances it's mentioned in terms of the "if Barca want him he must be good" reasoning.

I know team building better than Pep? What exactly did i say that gave you the impression i even remotely thought? I even pointed out that i wasn't for or against this signing as i've not seen him anywhere near enough to form an opinion on him. I was simply debunking the whole Barca want him argument. But you carry on with the predictable "you think you're more knowledgeable than the people in charge" retort that gets thrown around on here whenever somebody disagrees with another (again, despite the fact i didn't even express an opinion on him)

Exactly.'..... the current 'regular' becomes the backup....... except Barca can't realistically improve their attack.... we can.

That's definitely the model we need to be working towards now with maybe homegrown players maybe being the exception. For example, we don't want another Jesus Navas, we want somebody that's going to relegate players like Navas to the bench. Whether Nolito is that player i don't know having seen him a handful of times at best.

Last edited:
I'm simply trying to make my point which you seem to not even what to think about.....I do get what you're saying (even though I don't agree;) )

Put it this way.... one promoted side signs 5 players same as they have.'.. the other signs 2 significantly better than what they have... the latter have far better chance of survival..... works at the top too!
Ultimately it's a close call between your judgement of a player and that of Pep Guardiola, but.......

Yes but he is 29 and doesn't cost £30m plus, so he is shite. He also doesn't fit into the style of play that some posters have been told Pep will adopt.

The media have done a brilliant job of promoting the United myth. It has clouded, and continues to do so, many football fans judgement, including many City fans on here.

Firstly, there was the whole wanting a manager to stay for 10+ years as it was the only way to achieve guaranteed success. Of course, that all stems from Bacon Faces' reign. However, I remember starting a thread on here years ago about managerial stability and some people could not see that the real stability was in a DOF. To be fair though, a DOF has widely been overlooked by the English media as a traditional British manager should have full control.

Now it seems like it is not worth buying a player unless they will not stay at the club for the next 10 years. No doubt that stems from the likes of United having players in the recent past who have been there for decades. Yet the facts are that no players hardly stay around for that length of time and hoping to buy a player who can sort a position for the next decade is just wishful thinking. Of course there is the odd exception of the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Iniesta, Gerrard etc but for every one player who spends more than 10 years at a club, at least 10 will be sold if not more. You only have to look at how Joe Hart splits opinion on here to see how difficult it is to perform at a top club for so long.

We could sign Sane, get three good seasons out of him and then he refuses to sign a new deal and returns to Germany on the cheap. Or we could sign Stones and he never becomes a better than average defender and some of our youngsters over take him in the next few seasons. Or we could sign Nolito and get two fantastic years out of him and then replace him.

The current facts are simple, Nolito is starting for Spain whilst Sane can't even get a sniff for Germany which includes shite like Schurrle. Nolito has had decent stats for the past 2 or 3 seasons whilst Sane is yet to have a decent full season.

Make no mistakes, I think Sane will go on to be a very good player and will start for Germany in the coming seasons. Yet at this current moment in time, Nolito is the better and more accomplished player.

All reports seem to suggest that we are not signing one or the other anyway. Therefore, the real question is, is Nolito an upgrade on what we currently have. The fact that he is CURRENTLY better than both Navas and Sterling suggests that he would be a huge upgrade.

Apart from that his name sounds like some district of a US city anyone excited by us maybe getting this guy? Or anyone even know anything about him?

I actually don't understand why is it not alright to be "Happyclappers" here. Hell, all of us should be one. Why should I hate on a player who hasn't even kicked a ball for us?. Some of you have a tendency to expect worst in everything.

I know team building better than Pep? What exactly did i say that gave you the impression i even remotely thought? I even pointed out that i wasn't for or against this signing as i've not seen him anywhere near enough to form an opinion on him. I was simply debunking the whole Barca want him argument. But you carry on with the predictable "you think you're more knowledgeable than the people in charge" retort that gets thrown around on here whenever somebody disagrees with another (again, despite the fact i didn't even express an opinion on him)

You specifically argued about how our needs are different than Barca's, who may need a squad (read: substitute) player while we do not, hence their potential interest in Nolito doesn't mean we should be in on him as well.

So yeah, you think you know what the needs of the team are more than the people in charge, seems fairly clear cut to me. That'd be fine normally, but you're talking about the best manager in the game personally calling Nolito to convince him to come to City. Pep has identified Nolito as a need and has moved quickly to snap him up. Clearly he knows something you don't.

This is further backed up by, in your own words, the fact you don't know enough about the player. Otherwise you'd see that Barca's interest, much like City's, is because he's a really good player available at a shocking low price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.