Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media have done a brilliant job of promoting the United myth. It has clouded, and continues to do so, many football fans judgement, including many City fans on here.

Firstly, there was the whole wanting a manager to stay for 10+ years as it was the only way to achieve guaranteed success. Of course, that all stems from Bacon Faces' reign. However, I remember starting a thread on here years ago about managerial stability and some people could not see that the real stability was in a DOF. To be fair though, a DOF has widely been overlooked by the English media as a traditional British manager should have full control.

Now it seems like it is not worth buying a player unless they will not stay at the club for the next 10 years. No doubt that stems from the likes of United having players in the recent past who have been there for decades. Yet the facts are that no players hardly stay around for that length of time and hoping to buy a player who can sort a position for the next decade is just wishful thinking. Of course there is the odd exception of the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Iniesta, Gerrard etc but for every one player who spends more than 10 years at a club, at least 10 will be sold if not more. You only have to look at how Joe Hart splits opinion on here to see how difficult it is to perform at a top club for so long.

We could sign Sane, get three good seasons out of him and then he refuses to sign a new deal and returns to Germany on the cheap. Or we could sign Stones and he never becomes a better than average defender and some of our youngsters over take him in the next few seasons. Or we could sign Nolito and get two fantastic years out of him and then replace him.

The current facts are simple, Nolito is starting for Spain whilst Sane can't even get a sniff for Germany which includes shite like Schurrle. Nolito has had decent stats for the past 2 or 3 seasons whilst Sane is yet to have a decent full season.

Make no mistakes, I think Sane will go on to be a very good player and will start for Germany in the coming seasons. Yet at this current moment in time, Nolito is the better and more accomplished player.

All reports seem to suggest that we are not signing one or the other anyway. Therefore, the real question is, is Nolito an upgrade on what we currently have. The fact that he is CURRENTLY better than both Navas and Sterling suggests that he would be a huge upgrade.
Very well written. I totally agree

Better under different circumstances and different management yes. But better in this league and under a manager that knows what they're ultimately doing, I'm not so sure.

I think he's another player that improves the squad but not the first team. We've signed far too many of those recently.

I hope I'm wrong.

Our movement up front is fucking terrible. First time i have ever seen him play was the other night when spain won 3-0 and he was buzzing around all over the place so i instantly took a liking to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.