Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but he is 29 and doesn't cost £30m plus, so he is shite. He also doesn't fit into the style of play that some posters have been told Pep will adopt.

A lot of pundits said Robben wouldn't fit Pep's style when Pep first went to Bayern, yet Pep used him to great effect and the team arguably wasn't the same when Robben was out injured. Robben played on the right and cuts in shooting on his left. Nolito plays on the left, cuts in and shoots on his right. He's not as quick as Robben, but don't see why he couldn't get us some goals and a different point of attack.

Last edited:
A lot of pundits said Robben wouldn't fit Pep's style when Pep first went to Bayern, yet Pep used him to great effect and the team arguably wasn't the same when Robben was out injured. Robben played on the right and cuts in shooting on his left. Nolito plays on the left, cuts in and shoots on is right. He's not as quick as Robben, but don't see why he couldn't get us some goals and a different point of attack.

I agree. While happy with the signing, I accept it may not work out. However, I am prepared to at least give him a chance unlike some others.

You specifically argued about how our needs are different than Barca's, who may need a squad (read: substitute) player while we do not, hence their potential interest in Nolito doesn't mean we should be in on him as well.

So yeah, you think you know what the needs of the team are more than the people in charge, seems fairly clear cut to me. That'd be fine normally, but you're talking about the best manager in the game personally calling Nolito to convince him to come to City. Pep has identified Nolito as a need and has moved quickly to snap him up. Clearly he knows something you don't.

This is further backed up by, in your own words, the fact you don't know enough about the player. Otherwise you'd see that Barca's interest, much like City's, is because he's a really good player available at a shocking low price.

You seem to be under the impression i don't think he's good enough for City when i've said nothing remotely like that. The only thoughts i've expressed about the needs of the team are that the Barca front 3 is probably the best in the world right now and so literally anybody going there would primarily be backup (something i doubt anybody would disagree with) and that City, just like any club with the funds we have should and will be looking to improve the first 11 first and foremost rather than bringing in squad players. (again, something i don't think anybody would disagree with) Other than that, i've not given an opinion so i don't see how i could possibly think i know better than the people in charge when i have no opinion on the guy for it to be different to anybody.

Nolito's uncle just told spanish tv that he will be joining City because Guardiola called him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.