Non City Related Rumours/Gossip.....(cont)

I don't get this... why would u want to play in RUSSIA by choice? like seriously? u can go there for the same money in a few years... I don't get this at all makes no sense and it certainly won't help hulk with the brasil squad

cmdub said:
I don't get this... why would u want to play in RUSSIA by choice? like seriously? u can go there for the same money in a few years... I don't get this at all makes no sense and it certainly won't help hulk with the brasil squad

And why is that exactly? I mean - seriously mate. What is so surprising in his decision. Champo league football, getting paid a bucketload of money, living in a city like St. Pete. What's wrong with that?

There really are no bears walking down the street and we actually have 4 seasons here, it's not like you have to wear a fur coat 24/7 FFS:)

quality of the league, location, and bring probably one of the only ppl of your kind in the entire country. I dunno just sounds like a stupid career move... should have either stayed at porto or moved to epl/la liga/germany

cmdub said:
quality of the league, location, and bring probably one of the only ppl of your kind in the entire country. I dunno just sounds like a stupid career move... should have either stayed at porto or moved to epl/la liga/germany
Have you ever been to Russia or watched Russian football?

cmdub said:

Our league is not exactly a pub one, quite a few clubs with a spare bob, plenty of infrastructural changes as well (long overdue stadiums being built to replace the old ones), some very decent players, managers like Hiddink, Spalletti, Emery, Bilic and Сapello do not find it beneath them to work here. I don't follow any Russian club, but I really laugh at the suggestion that the league is poor. Some aspects of the club game must be changed, but it's certainly stronger (overall, not comparing individual top clubs that play in Europe) than say Dutch one or maybe even Protuguese one. Having said that - there are some very good clubs in Portugal. Location you say? What's wrong with it? He is not going to Makhachkala like Lass Diarra ffs:) Now that is one crappy town, yeah. He is going to live in St Petersburg which is probably more cosmopolitan than some European cities. One of the people of your kind? It may surprise you, but there are indeed people from all walks of life and races in pretty much every major Russian city (even the Siberian ones). We can debate about the stupidity, but what if 5 years down the line they win the CL? You're willing to bet your house against that, based on the ambition of the club's backers? Bottom line is plenty of English, Spanish, Italian, German and French clubs had all summer to sign him and opted against it. If he signed for Zenit - I bet it was not ALL about the money, the guy does not strike me as an idiot. He probably saw a sporting project that he liked and signed for 5 years. Serious choice, no doubt. But do you honestly think that some of the City boys sign here because they love Manchester and rainy weather?)))

Kinky said:
cmdub said:

Our league is not exactly a pub one, quite a few clubs with a spare bob, plenty of infrastructural changes as well (long overdue stadiums being built to replace the old ones), some very decent players, managers like Hiddink, Spalletti, Emery, Bilic and Сapello do not find it beneath them to work here. I don't follow any Russian club, but I really laugh at the suggestion that the league is poor. Some aspects of the club game must be changed, but it's certainly stronger (overall, not comparing individual top clubs that play in Europe) than say Dutch one or maybe even Protuguese one. Having said that - there are some very good clubs in Portugal. Location you say? What's wrong with it? He is not going to Makhachkala like Lass Diarra ffs:) Now that is one crappy town, yeah. He is going to live in St Petersburg which is probably more cosmopolitan than some European cities. One of the people of your kind? It may surprise you, but there are indeed people from all walks of life and races in pretty much every major Russian city (even the Siberian ones). We can debate about the stupidity, but what if 5 years down the line they win the CL? You're willing to bet your house against that, based on the ambition of the club's backers? Bottom line is plenty of English, Spanish, Italian, German and French clubs had all summer to sign him and opted against it. If he signed for Zenit - I bet it was not ALL about the money, the guy does not strike me as an idiot. He probably saw a sporting project that he liked and signed for 5 years. Serious choice, no doubt. But do you honestly think that some of the City boys sign here because they love Manchester and rainy weather?)))

Good post.

Although re the bit where you mentioned Hulk opting against a number of European clubs throughout the summer, I don't think that's totally true.

IMO, had a big European club put in a sizeable offer and offered the wages Hulk wanted, he'd have chosen them over Zenit.

And, re the bit in bold - I'll bet you £100 now that Zenit (or any other Russian team for that matter) wont win the CL within the next 5 years.

Why can't another club do what Chelsea and City have done?

I don't know about win the Champions League in 5 years - because of Real Madrid and Barcelona, but I would bet that Russian teams are going to regularly feature in the latter stages

There are some very good Russian players, and they have the money to buy the best foreign players. Already a lot of the best South American players are going direct to Russia/Ukraine rather than the Spain and Portugal. Spurs spent most of the Summer trying to buy Willian from Shakhtar and failed

Liverpool, Tottenham & QPR Queuing Up To Sign Real Madrid Wonderkid

Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane is being lined up by a host of Premier League clubs including Tottenham and Liverpool as the 19-year-old, tipped to be a star, is struggling for first-team opportunities at the Spanish Champions.

The Frenchman, signed from RC Lens for a fee reportedly in the region of £7m in 2011, put in a series of accomplished displays last term but has failed to make an appearance yet this campaign.

I'm late to discussion but I'm pretty sure Russian League will easily overtake Portuguese, Dutch or Greek one very soon, and will start to knock on Italian doors soon after that.

You have teams with loaded owners (like Zenit-Gazprom, Anji.that billionaire one), you have Moscow teams that are not poor at all, damn you have that Chechnyan one who are on first place right now and probably backed by that crazy president of theirs.. they have beat Zenit away yesterday

Their league is very, very competitive with 7-8 clubs willing to fight for CL places and that competition will just push them to strengthen even more.

Russia is huge country and huge market, there's lot of money over there. They're now in phase where City were on the beginning after takeover but more transfers like Hulk one and more and more players will find moving over there as completely normal thing.

Moscow is not Madrid or Barcelona but I'm sure its much closer to London as good living place for loaded individuals than Manchester for ex.

MSP said:
I'm late to discussion but I'm pretty sure Russian League will easily overtake Portuguese, Dutch or Greek one very soon, and will start to knock on Italian doors soon after that.

You have teams with loaded owners (like Zenit-Gazprom, Anji.that billionaire one), you have Moscow teams that are not poor at all, damn you have that Chechnyan one who are on first place right now and probably backed by that crazy president of theirs.. they have beat Zenit away yesterday

Their league is very, very competitive with 7-8 clubs willing to fight for CL places and that competition will just push them to strengthen even more.

Russia is huge country and huge market, there's lot of money over there. They're now in phase where City were on the beginning after takeover but more transfers like Hulk one and more and more players will find moving over there as completely normal thing.

Moscow is not Madrid or Barcelona but I'm sure its much closer to London as good living place for loaded individuals than Manchester for ex.

Russian women are fitter too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.