Non City Related Rumours/Gossip.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have managed to offload Aquilani to Fiorentina even though he made £100,000 a week at Liverpool (more than RSC and Kolo). Proof that highly paid "deadwood" isn't impossible to sell.

LoveCity said:
Liverpool have managed to offload Aquilani to Fiorentina even though he made £100,000 a week at Liverpool (more than RSC and Kolo). Proof that highly paid "deadwood" isn't impossible to sell.
Yeah but they're still paying half of his wages for 18 months. And he shouldn't even be deadwood, he's easily good enough to start for them. He's a better version of Joe Allen.

Edwaardz said:
LoveCity said:
Yeah but they're still paying half of his wages for 18 months. And he shouldn't even be deadwood, he's easily good enough to start for them. He's a better version of Joe Allen.

What I read is that Liverpool paid €1.7million compensation fee (paid him off) but still profited with €2million on someone they were desperate to sell.

Supposing they are paying half his wages though, this is still a deal I would've taken for Adebayor, Santa Cruz, or Bridge at any point after they fell out of favour, especially as Liverpool have gotten a transfer fee to help compensate for paying part of his wages. I agree Aquilani is a good player but Liverpool viewed him as deadwood, just like our club views those three.

LoveCity said:

<< B.Marwood >> his negotiating skills is terrible , just look at the business we done in the past years, we rarely got a player that we actually want as our first target , we just move on to the 2nd in line , add to that paying over the odds and cant sell anyone , just a horrible negotiator

b2b said:
LoveCity said:

<< B.Marwood >> his negotiating skills is terrible , just look at the business we done in the past years, we rarely got a player that we actually want as our first target , we just move on to the 2nd in line , add to that paying over the odds and cant sell anyone , just a horrible negotiator
The only main targets we have missed out on to my mind are Hazard and Sanchez one went to Barca and the other to the current european champions. We signed Silva Toure and Aguero who Madrid were chasing at the time and he still came here. Think he deserves a bit of credit for those if he is taking the flack for supposed failed transfers. I don't think anybody on here knows what his true role is in transfers.

LoveCity said:
Edwaardz said:
LoveCity said:

What I read is that Liverpool paid €1.7million compensation fee (paid him off) but still profited with €2million on someone they were desperate to sell.

Supposing they are paying half his wages though, this is still a deal I would've taken for Adebayor, Santa Cruz, or Bridge at any point after they fell out of favour, especially as Liverpool have gotten a transfer fee to help compensate for paying part of his wages. I agree Aquilani is a good player but Liverpool viewed him as deadwood, just like our club views those three.
What I don't get about your comments are that you are aiming them at our owners, not Marwood who you're trying to vilify, are you an ex-board member/groundsman?

Very strange, in deed, for someone with so many posts?

The Future's Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Edwaardz said:

What I don't get about your comments are that you are aiming them at our owners, not Marwood who you're trying to vilify, are you an ex-board member/groundsman?

Very strange, in deed, for someone with so many posts?

Not at all, when I say "I", I meant it in the same way as when we call City "we" or "us".

I'm not getting into the argument of who is at fault but surely it's beyond question now that we're not even close to shrewd operators in the transfer market no matter who is in charge of transfers. There are piles of evidence with perhaps the most damning being the Caicedo fiasco which is one of the biggest epic fails I've ever seen in the transfer market. If we want someone good we have to pay through our teeth, if we want to sell a good player we sell them below their value... if we can get rid of them at all.

It's got nothing to do with being shrewd, it's got to do with our wealth being known by everyone, and our unwanted players being on big wages.

Enough insults

Marvin said:
It's got nothing to do with being shrewd, it's got to do with our wealth being known by everyone, and our unwanted players being on big wages.

Enough insults

Oh get off your high horse Marvin, I'm saying nothing that 100 other City fans haven't already said. It's possible to be rich, famous, and good in the transfer market at the same time. Ask Bayern Munich.

PS: Was Weiss a big earner? £1.3million, clubs spend that on 16-year-old youth prospects nowadays. We got double that for Ched fookin' Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.