Non-League Football

with city's euro tour meaning a lot of our matches being played on sundays i think i'll get a season ticket for chester, always watch local club when city aren't playing and have great time with mates who go everywhere with them.looks like i'll be meeting a lot of blues from curzon ashton, salford, lancaster, woodley sports ( where the fuck is that ? ) chester took 1400+ to colwyn bay last weekend for their first match as a new club, not bad considering we were down to 400 for some games last season when on our death bed, really looking forward to this season and reckon i could do 80 matches and an ashes test !

woodley sports ( where the fuck is that ? )

Woodley is a couple of miles out of Stockport on the road to Hydeand their ground is one of the 3G artificial ones. If that decision hadn't gone your way you could have been playing Maine Road FC next season.

Like you, between all City home games (assuming good (ish) Euro and other cup games) and two or three aways, Maine Road F.C. and City Reserves and Youth (now we are backat Hyde), I would think I'd also be on for about 80 matches....managed two this week!<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:25 pm --<br /><br />Had enough of friendlies? Can't make our game at Tottenham? Want to see some live League action. Why not come and give the Maine Road FC a cheer ? We had our first game of the season at Squires Gate (Blackpool) yesterday and came away with a stunning 4-1 win!

It would be brilliant to get another 3 points on Tuesday night:

MAINE ROAD F.C. v ALSAGER TOWN
Tues, 10th August.
K.O.: 7:45pm
Brantingham Road,
Chorlton
Manchester
M21 0TT

£5 Entrance, £3 Concessions, u-16's free if accompanied by an adult.

Very good programme £1.50. Tea 60p Pies £1.50

City colours really appreciated!

Hope no-one minds me bumping this thread, just Maine Road have an important FA Cup tie tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, know a few Blues are popping along, and Road received several mentions in this thread so thought it might be of interest.

They're unbeaten so far this season, top of the Vodkat League, banging goals in for fun, and they've managed to bring Runcorn back to Brantingham Road after a draw in the first leg on Saturday.

£5 on the gate. Spending an evening with some fellow Blues and watching a good game has to be better than seeing Spurs muller some team of kids on the box, right?

CTID.

djm68 said:
Nicoblue wrote:
Hello DJM 68,

Yep you got me in One Mate, Yes why would I think bad of Maine Road, I had many good seasons there, and my family grew up in the Maine Road Family...And made lots of friends down there !!l I still look out for Roads Results as well

Good to hear from you Nico and good to hear the Perth MCFC Branch is doing well!

My slight hesitation over your feelings for Maine Road was merely over some incident I heard second-hand about a clash with Jerome Wright when you were at Glossop. By the sound of it, it was just one of those things that happen in football and clearly it's water under the bridge.

If you can link or otherwise get <a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maineroadfc.com</a> into the minds of the Perth members that would be great.

When you see Pete McDonald tell him Dave Miller was asking after him and similarly tell Neil Chappell to keep us up to date on his progress via our Forum. I'll certainly pass your regards onto Ian, Derek and Ron. Woody doesn't get down too often these days.

Hey DJM, heading over from Perth to watch City for a few weeks, will do my best to get to a game at Brantingham Road....Think you play my Old club Glossop sometime during my visit.....will make the game, but dont let Ronnie or Derek charge me double on the gate.

Should I bring me Boots.........?

Nico

Nicoblue said:
djm68 said:
If you can link or otherwise get <a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maineroadfc.com</a> into the minds of the Perth members that would be great.

When you see Pete McDonald tell him Dave Miller was asking after him and similarly tell Neil Chappell to keep us up to date on his progress via our Forum. I'll certainly pass your regards onto Ian, Derek and Ron. Woody doesn't get down too often these days.

Hey DJM, heading over from Perth to watch City for a few weeks, will do my best to get to a game at Brantingham Road....Think you play my Old club Glossop sometime during my visit.....will make the game, but dont let Ronnie or Derek charge me double on the gate.

Should I bring me Boots.........?

Nico

As Road's average age is about 18, I don't think you'should bother bringing your boots! Ex-player 'Chippy' McCrone has been in touch from Perth too!

Good luck to Road in their F.A.Cup Replay tonight against Runcorn (7.45.pm)

Bump.

Just letting anyone that's interested know that this Saturday (04.09.2010) is Non-League Day across the country. Due to international fixtures there are no Premier League games this weekend so all fans are being urged to go support their local club. If you have never been to watch your local non-league side, just give it a go, it's something you can really get involved with and a really enjoyable experience.

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/

Yep, National Non-League Day on Saturday. Do try and get down to one of your local games. One obvious one for fellow Blues is:

NWCFL Premier Division

Maine Road FC v Ramsbottom United

Traditional 3:00pm k.o. (won't be moved for t.v.!)

Brantingham Road, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 0TT

Entrance £5 Concessions £3 U-16's free if accompanied by an adult.

Tea50p Coffee 60p Pies £1.40 Excellent Programme £1.50p

Come and see the Sky Blues who continue to keep the name of our famous old stadium alive. City colours very welcome!

Road lie 7th in the League and 'Rammy' 12th out of 22 teams. We've won 3 and lost 2.. Goals F 12 A4. A win might take us into the top four.

'Maine Road F.C...Happy To Be Your Second Team'

maineroadfc.com

Prestwich Heys, if the ground had met criteria and manager hadn`t sadly died would have been near conference level,good bar and pretty good level of football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.