Non-League Football

bleuger said:
I arranged for a couple of nonleague footy players to come over to Perth this year to player through me website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ozsoccerexperience.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ozsoccerexperience.com</a> (Oliver McGee played for Clitheroe and Jordon Rispin for Ramsbottom).

I always try and look after the city fans.

Annoyingly the only player so far not to follow through and pay for my service was an FC United player.

Blueger

You need some help with recruiting Players from UK then Let me know, have many, many Non League Contacts, see yoyr posts on the Bayswater Site, as I have now lived and Coached in Perth for 3 years.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 am --<br /><br />Before Moving to Perth WA, I was manager of Glossop North End for 7 Years, and prior to that was with Maine Road/Rossendale Utd & Flixton, and a brief spell at Hyde United.

I always look out fior all the Local Non League Results and what is happening on the circuit, Had some great Days during my Non League Career, and will tell you it is much better than the Semi Pro Scene in WA.

Keep Going all you Non Leagu Clubs, you do so much for the game !

Nico

Bloody Hell! I think my dear old dad PLAYED for half of these teams...Altrincham, Newport County, Radcliffe Borough, Droylsden.....and I have been to half the other grounds watching him!

Currently, if I'm over for a City game and it is a Sunday match, it's Stalybridge Celtic, as it is right near my sister's house on Mottram Gap, and they do a good curry at the restaurant in the parking lot!

When we lived on Whitchurch Road in Withington, used to go up the street to Hough End and watch games up there. Seem to remember Maine Road used to play there (we are talking late 60s, early 70s).

However, when we lived in Mossley in the early 80s, they were a really good team (Come on Barney!!!) and there was not much better than Seel Park for a cold Wednesday night match under the floodlights!!!

Ah, the good old days!!!!! :^D

djm68 said:
pardoe said:
Maine Road FC are a super club. Started by Blues, ran mostly by Blues, and they play nice football, too.

If City aren't playing (or the ressies and academy if you follow those) then pop down to see Maine Road. A fiver on the gate, can't be bad.

As a Committee Member at Maine Road FC can I say a big thank you for this and all the other supportive comments on this thread. I am a seasoncard holder at City and am really pleased that the Europa games mean I, and many of my colleagues at Maine Road, will be able to see most of both teams' games.

Like many have said, if you can get down to Brantingham Road, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I remember canvassing for some support from the Forums in the early part of last season and a group of four lads came down wearing their City colours and, of course it was our worst game of the season when we lost at home to subsequently relegated Ashton Athletic...typical!

Generally though, we've had a very good season and finished 6th in the League. Near the end, we beat second placed and highly financed New Mills 2-0 who had Simon Yeo up front (he who was with the late Keith Alexander's Macclesfield and Lincoln).

We've just put our Review of 2009-10 on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maineroadfc.com</a>. Have a read of this and have a look at the Photo Galleryand you'll see just how 'City' the club is. It would also be nice if you joined the Forum. We could do with one or two of the Bluemoon's excellent contributors on there.

Maine Road F.C. -'Happy To Be Your Second Club'

Read and enjoyed - watched Maine Road from about 1975/6 till about the mid eighties when I was allowed to go to mcfc on my own - still remember after one game at blocksages listening to the radio in the dressing room hearing city get relegated by luton! Awful memory :-(

have been a couple of times in recent seasons to brantingham road and would recommend it to anyone - really well run club , the food stand is superb (best bovril i have ever had ! ) will try to get down pre-season this year , the pub in burnage (griffin) is well worth a visit also ?

bronco said:
would recommend it to anyone - really well run club , the food stand is superb (best bovril i have ever had ! ) will try to get down pre-season this year , the pub in burnage (griffin) is well worth a visit also ?

Still like to think Maine Road FC is 'well run'. It always has been on the football side, with a great reputation for bringing on young players. We're competing with teams that will often pay their players in excess of £100 per game. We give our lads £15 beer money if they win and nowt for a draw! They're still a happy bunch..the team spirit is excellent.

What I've tried to do is help them off the pitch, hence the web-site (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maineroadfc.com</a>) which has been well received. We've also improved our match programme and if anyone would like one, I've a few spares from last season and will happily mail one to you if you PM me your name and address. In the programme you'll see players sponsored by the Dublin Branch of the City OSC and by the 'King of the Kippax' fanzine. The Reddish Branch are coming on board with a full page advert next season.

will try to get down pre-season this year

To protect our wonderful pitch, all our pre-season friendlies arranged so far are away from home. We do play Cheadle Town at Park Road on Tuesday Aug 3rd. With City having so many Sunday games there will be plenty of chances to get down to Brantingham Road. We also play alot of Tues night games. The fixtures aren't out yet, so just keep checking the web-site..shouldn't be long now.

As you say our social base 'The Griffin' on Didsbury Road, Heaton Mersey/Burnage border is a very decent, very City boozer. It underwent a refurb' recently and we were a bit worried as to whether it would continue to embrace Maine Road FC in the same way, but I'm pleased to say that the new landlord has been very helpful indeed and hosted our recent Awards night really well.

"A good mate of mine played for Chorley a few years ago his name is Mark Schofield, do you know him? His lad Ryan plays for City u15s."

Is he a copper? I bet he's a big unit these days!!!

djm68 said:
bronco said:
would recommend it to anyone - really well run club , the food stand is superb (best bovril i have ever had ! ) will try to get down pre-season this year , the pub in burnage (griffin) is well worth a visit also ?

Still like to think Maine Road FC is 'well run'. It always has been on the football side, with a great reputation for bringing on young players. We're competing with teams that will often pay their players in excess of £100 per game. We give our lads £15 beer money if they win and nowt for a draw! They're still a happy bunch..the team spirit is excellent.

What I've tried to do is help them off the pitch, hence the web-site (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maineroadfc.com</a>) which has been well received. We've also improved our match programme and if anyone would like one, I've a few spares from last season and will happily mail one to you if you PM me your name and address. In the programme you'll see players sponsored by the Dublin Branch of the City OSC and by the 'King of the Kippax' fanzine. The Reddish Branch are coming on board with a full page advert next season.

will try to get down pre-season this year

To protect our wonderful pitch, all our pre-season friendlies arranged so far are away from home. We do play Cheadle Town at Park Road on Tuesday Aug 3rd. With City having so many Sunday games there will be plenty of chances to get down to Brantingham Road. We also play alot of Tues night games. The fixtures aren't out yet, so just keep checking the web-site..shouldn't be long now.

As you say our social base 'The Griffin' on Didsbury Road, Heaton Mersey/Burnage border is a very decent, very City boozer. It underwent a refurb' recently and we were a bit worried as to whether it would continue to embrace Maine Road FC in the same way, but I'm pleased to say that the new landlord has been very helpful indeed and hosted our recent Awards night really well.

A bit of a change then from above the old co-op opposite platt lane training ground then!

Boots_ said:
"A good mate of mine played for Chorley a few years ago his name is Mark Schofield, do you know him? His lad Ryan plays for City u15s."

Is he a copper? I bet he's a big unit these days!!!

Yes thats Mark, we played in a dads v lads game the other week and he can still do a bit. His lad is a cracking kid and seems to be doing well at City.
Did you play football or work with him?

bridgeblue said:
I also had a semi pro career after leaving Blackburn Rovers at 16, played for Chorley, Glossop North End and Worksop Town.

A good mate of mine played for Chorley a few years ago his name is Mark Schofield, do you know him? His lad Ryan plays for City u15s.

-- Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:54 pm --

Ok I'm an ITK (lol) Skelmersdale United[/quote]

Does Carl Osman still play for Skem?[/quote]

Last time I saw Carl Osman him he was playing for Kendall Town, my lad left Blackburn at age 16 also

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.