Non-League Football

m35 blue68 said:
djm68 said:
As you say our social base 'The Griffin' on Didsbury Road, Heaton Mersey/Burnage border is a very decent, very City boozer. It underwent a refurb' recently and we were a bit worried as to whether it would continue to embrace Maine Road FC in the same way, but I'm pleased to say that the new landlord has been very helpful indeed and hosted our recent Awards night really well.

A bit of a change then from above the old co-op opposite platt lane training ground then!

The Capri Ballroom!! I got my bronze medal for Ballroom Dancing there a million or so years ago. I'd played in goals at Hough End in the morning and dislocated my little finger. It stuck out as I danced. I'm sure it got me extra points for style!

been to many non league grounds watching my brother over the years. He is a non league gypsy and has played for pretty much every team in the North West... well not really but quite a few.. so I have been to many places over the years. Love non league football. Always make sure I pay in as well. Never take a free ticket as it is important to keep the clubs ticking along.

Every club he has ever played at you always get a group of people at each club who dedicate lots of time and energy into the running of the clubs. These are the real football people !!

Nicoblue said:
Before Moving to Perth WA, I was manager of Glossop North End for 7 Years, and prior to that was with Maine Road/Rossendale Utd & Flixton, and a brief spell at Hyde United.

I always look out fior all the Local Non League Results and what is happening on the circuit, Had some great Days during my Non League Career, and will tell you it is much better than the Semi Pro Scene in WA.

Keep Going all you Non League Clubs, you do so much for the game !

Nico

So you must be Chris then!

I know your time at and against Maine Road FC had a few ups and downs, but hopefully you still think well of the club. As you know Glossop have been doing pretty well over the last few seasons. A really good bunch of people at Surrey Street.

In the unlikely event you come across fellow Blue Pete McDonald in Perth, say hello. Pete left Wythenshawe Amateurs in about 1981 and went to Perth to play for Morley Windmills (still going?).

I will just second everything said about Maine Road. I played for Maine Road for a couple of seasons about 10 years ago and it was and remains a really well run club. I will be doing my best to go down watching them play next season when City aren't playing and urge everyone else to do the same.

djm68 said:
Nicoblue said:
Before Moving to Perth WA, I was manager of Glossop North End for 7 Years, and prior to that was with Maine Road/Rossendale Utd & Flixton, and a brief spell at Hyde United.

I always look out fior all the Local Non League Results and what is happening on the circuit, Had some great Days during my Non League Career, and will tell you it is much better than the Semi Pro Scene in WA.

Keep Going all you Non League Clubs, you do so much for the game !

Nico

So you must be Chris then!

I know your time at and against Maine Road FC had a few ups and downs, but hopefully you still think well of the club. As you know Glossop have been doing pretty well over the last few seasons. A really good bunch of people at Surrey Street.

In the unlikely event you come across fellow Blue Pete McDonald in Perth, say hello. Pete left Wythenshawe Amateurs in about 1981 and went to Perth to play for Morley Windmills (still going?).

Hello DJM 68,

Yep you got me in One Mate, Yes why would I think bad of Maine Road, I had many good seasons there, and my family grew up in the Maine Road Family...And made lots of friends down there !!l I still look out for Roads Results as well - Yep I know Glossop have done well, but they do I Believe now have the best Budget in th Vodkat League.....amazing because for 7 years I was paying Players, and paying for training out of my own Pocket...still wish them well though Bud.

I know Pete (Macca)Mc Donald pretty well, and often see him out for a beer on a Sunday !!

Also Neil Chappell is playing Over Here for a team called Bunbury Forum Force, currently Top of the WA State League Division 1 - I aim to catch up with him in the City one day !!

We have a very Good MCFC Perth Supporters Branch over here, so if you guys want to send us any info out please do, we can even Link up to Maine Road FC if You Like.

Please Give Ronnie/Derek/Ian/ Woody and the rest of the Maine Roaders all My very Best....until the next time I see them !!

Nico

i played non league football from the age of 19 up until last year , for a few clubs in the manchester area , Salford City , Woodley Sports , Flixton the season they got relegated from the unibond league , but i always ended up back at my first club Chadderton FC for who ive played over 250 games and scored a few goals but the one that i'm known for is a free kick against FCUM at boundary park when i took my shirt of infront of about 1500 of e'm with my
" THIS IS OUR CITY" t shirt on ,cost me 8 quid but what a buzz, still go down to Chaddy when not watching city to abuse refs and the opposition from the sidelines .

DONT FOLLOW ME FOLLOW CHADDY FC

I'm with Cheesy here - Tamworth!

Over the last few years there's been a few decent(ish) ex-pro's playing for the Lambs:

Steve Walsh (ex Leicester)
Des Lyttle (ex Forest)
Nicky Summerbee (ex City)
Paul Merson (ex Arsenal)
Bob Taylor (ex WBA)

to name a few
A bit of banter with the away bench is always is always a good laugh

TBM

Nicoblue wrote:
Hello DJM 68,

Yep you got me in One Mate, Yes why would I think bad of Maine Road, I had many good seasons there, and my family grew up in the Maine Road Family...And made lots of friends down there !!l I still look out for Roads Results as well

Good to hear from you Nico and good to hear the Perth MCFC Branch is doing well!

My slight hesitation over your feelings for Maine Road was merely over some incident I heard second-hand about a clash with Jerome Wright when you were at Glossop. By the sound of it, it was just one of those things that happen in football and clearly it's water under the bridge.

If you can link or otherwise get <a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maineroadfc.com</a> into the minds of the Perth members that would be great.

When you see Pete McDonald tell him Dave Miller was asking after him and similarly tell Neil Chappell to keep us up to date on his progress via our Forum. I'll certainly pass your regards onto Ian, Derek and Ron. Woody doesn't get down too often these days.

djm68 said:
Nicoblue wrote:
Hello DJM 68,

Yep you got me in One Mate, Yes why would I think bad of Maine Road, I had many good seasons there, and my family grew up in the Maine Road Family...And made lots of friends down there !!l I still look out for Roads Results as well

Good to hear from you Nico and good to hear the Perth MCFC Branch is doing well!

My slight hesitation over your feelings for Maine Road was merely over some incident I heard second-hand about a clash with Jerome Wright when you were at Glossop. By the sound of it, it was just one of those things that happen in football and clearly it's water under the bridge.

If you can link or otherwise get <a class="postlink" href="http://www.maineroadfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maineroadfc.com</a> into the minds of the Perth members that would be great.

When you see Pete McDonald tell him Dave Miller was asking after him and similarly tell Neil Chappell to keep us up to date on his progress via our Forum. I'll certainly pass your regards onto Ian, Derek and Ron. Woody doesn't get down too often these days.

hope his headband hasnt slipped over his eyes and he cant see? ;-0

With us being in Europe and playing alot of games on a Sunday, this forum should make a day out at all the local non-league grounds next season. Put some much needed money behind the bar in the various clubhouses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.