non-obvious City players you DID like

SuperYaya said:
Tevez when he fucked off for a bit.

I could never hate him like some people did, he's one of the best players I've seen plus he captained us to our first trophy in 35 years. Plus I thought Mancini handled the Munich situation badly, he shouldn't issue ultimatums like that.

wearing the armband doesnt make you a leader, unless ive had a massive a nibble on some bait

Who was that german with the italian name who was signed by horton - he was class
+

michael hughes
ali benarbia
paul bosvelt
tony scully
harry dowd (who i saw in the audience of mrs merton)

and of course tony coleman

and definitely not martin buster phillips or barry silkman

Some great blasts from the past in this thread. One that hasn't been mentioned who I rated at the time was Graham Baker - he wasn't everyone's cup of tea! Thought David Phillips was a good shout as well.

Take a bow Graham Baker,Barney Daniels,Tony Towers,Geoff Lomax and Tony Henry.Unsung heros in a long list of mediocre teams.

2bfc18453ca0ee8d8c1642f2bf77-grande.jpg

(hey I'm Greek. what do you want…)

Tony Whelan played in 1st game I went
Tony Towers
Imre Varado
Ian Scott
Gary Buckley but for injury would have been a good player
Tony Henry
Joleon Lescott current fav. Doesn't get a lot of the limelight.

Andy Dibble - was a quality keeper never forgot the saves he made in that game at home to Villa (when Lakey 1st did his knee)

Garry Flitcroft - he was devastated when Ball sold him one of the best we had produced

Claudio Reyna - was a decent player when fit always put a shift in

Kevin Horlock - wasnt a coincidence when we were relegated to division 2 he spent most of season injured always managed to get 15 goals a year

Antoine Sibierski - always preferred him in the hole behind Anelka as he did on his debut at Charlton for some reason Keegan & Pearce played him on the wing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.