North Stand Construction Discussion

I think, see my post above, this is a path City will sadly follow. Less season tickets holders, more individual ticket sales, membership sales only, weekend packages, selling tickets to agencies etc,

With the Haaland effect the demand will undoubtedly grow and that will embolden the club to sell more individual seats and raise season ticket prices also.
Yes, it’s happening already. I’ve had to buy individual tickets for every match this season for my two lads who wanted a season ticket but couldn’t get one despite being on the waiting list. When you look at that table you can see why too.

I still stand by a point I made earlier in this thread though: to encourage people to move from the singing areas to a new singing area they’ll have to cut their price as an incentive. Too
many people just curl their lips and fold their arms and are resistant to change. Getting a new singing area going properly this time will increase revenue down the line and the cost of a couple of thousand half price season tickets will be negligible.

Yes I think something radical needs to be undertaken and with a new stand as a blank canvas this really is the last chance we have of finally getting a ‘home end’ which could both be a unique selling point and provide a competitive advantage at home matches.

It really needs careful considerstion though. I sit in SSL3 and with the ‘heavy roof’ and the cheaper tickets it has resulted in the a more vociferous following moving into these blocks, however if that was replicated in North Stand Level 3 (by south stand and kippax corner migrating) our more energetic/boisterous fanbase would completely remote from the pitch, with the flip side being this could lessen the connection with the players on the pitch, warming up, throw ins, taking corners or the wild celebrations when Haaland, De Bruyne wheel away in celebration at a goal. It could prove in some ways counter productive.

Ticket pricing will be a key factor in either relocating people or helping to bunch like minded people together. In an ideal world we would have an areas of unallocated seating, 1894 block, 18-30 age block, as examples where groups of mates could meet up, bunch together but sadly I think that would be a no go for the police.

Last edited:
I suspect that wouldn’t make up for the difference in numbers though because I don’t think they charge much more than us. It has to be corporate sales surely.
From memory we used to account for corporate sales separately whereas other clubs included it as matchday sales. It may be this is the difference.

We all hope th
Yes I think something radical needs to be undertaken and with a new stand as a blank canvas this really is the last chance we have of finally getting a ‘home end’ which could both be a unique selling point and provide a competitive advantage at home matches.

It really needs careful considerstion though. I sit in SSL3 and with the ‘heavy roof’ and the cheaper tickets it has resulted in the a more vociferous following moving into these blocks, however if that was replicated in North Stand Level 3 (by south stand and kippax corner migrating) our more energetic/boisterous fanbase would completely remote from the pitch, with the flip side being this could lessen the connection with the players on the pitch, warming up, throw ins, taking corners or the wild celebrations when Haaland, De Bruyne wheel away in celebration at a goal. It could prove in some ways counter productive.

Ticket pricing will be a key factor in either relocating people or helping to bunch like minded people together. In an ideal world we would have an areas of unallocated seating, 1894 block, 18-30 age block, as examples where groups of mates could meet up, bunch together but sadly I think that would be a no go for the police.
at the club builds what the consensus on here wants,but the way in which they've handled recent away fan related issues and allocations along with ticket pricing im not sure I'd let them borrow my bicycle !!

We've never been beaten 2-0 by Schalke. The only 2-0 was a win at their place a few years before Aguero joined.
Their only victory was 1-0 but I doubt Sergio was involved as it was in 1970!!
Unless it was a friendly of course.
Apologies if you (and a few others) missed the sarcasm in my original post?

According to the Tour Guide, Aguero had always been obsessed with the superstition of being the last man out of the changing room and onto the pitch.

However, he once missed Leroy Sane lurking in the toilets and City had subsequently lost 2-0 to Schalke.

I attended the 2-0 in 2008, plus both CL victories in 18/19: hence my assertion that he might just be talking bollocks

I said from when they were in the planning stage that they should have thought big and built the biggest club ground in the country. 80,000 or there abouts.

You could have kept the top tiers season ticket free and only open them when and if demand was there.

But you’d be first point of call for semi finals, internationals, European finals, concerts etc.

I’ve zero knowledge of planning or building but I’m certain building it all in one go would have been significantly cheaper than adding bits on to an already completed ground as you go along aswell.

if Stuart Pearce had remained manager,we could have kept most of the ground closed

Reactions: PPT
The microphones are strategically placed at the swamp, and at Anfield, whereas at our place on the occasions we do have a good atmosphere inside the ground it really doesn’t come across on the telly.
I’ve been to games at the Etihad and the atmosphere has been mint, then watched it back on tele and it’s sounded like it’s coming from two miles away.

You watch a Liverpool game at Anfield and it sounds like the microphones are in the middle of the Kop. You can hear even individual shouts and choral songs that get going are clear. Games at the Etihad on tele, the atmosphere sounds muffled and like the microphones are not switched on. I reckon you only get to hear on tele the crowd noise that comes through the commentators microphones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.