North Stand Construction Discussion

The club are to blame for this in my opinion. Season ticket holders are clinging on to season tickets for dear life nowadays, as without one you’re faced with an absolute lottery to get tickets for a lot of games when they go on sale, buying a returned season ticket holders seat the week of the game is all well and good for some people, but not feasible for most, and if you do get your hands on one, the prices are eye watering.
I agree with much of what you say. I just don’t get the revisionism from some posters against the flexi golds. When I gave the heads up that this type of season card was going to be offered by the club, it was very well received on here. The families that have bought flexi golds for their kids seem to be very happy with them. I know because we run a coach to home games and several families have snapped them up. It would be better if the up front payment was reduced but this is a solution to the excessive match day ticket prices.

This forum seems to be getting overtaken by people who want to tell others what’s good and bad for them. The Club have been a contributory factor by making daft moves on disabled car parking etc.

Because you have to pay £150 adult or £75 kids to even start the process of getting a ticket.
I’ve said those fees are too high.

Picking up your other point, I can only speak for my Branch and not the OSC. I do know the OSC try to encourage affordable ticket prices as I’ve seen members raise this with Danny Wilson and Roel Devries at meetings.

Demand for flexi golds was oversubscribed. The demand was from lifelong Blue families (based on my experience).

There is a wider problem about ticket prices and I choose to do something about that. Here’s a few example.
- I gave away several tickets for Watford at home to the point where the ticket office have put a note on my ticket account (like a yellow card).
- I operate a ticket exchange in my branch that encourages the sharing of affordable tickets.
- I am in a WhattsApp group for the block I sit in at the Etihad to share spare tickets so they can’t be resold above face value.
- i make peole on here aware Man City Face Value Tickets and Travel where tickets are face value or less.

Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited:
Right, I’ve had a good think about this since the news dropped last week, and instead of worrying about what the new NSL2 might or might not end up being because of the total lack of information from the club, even if we don’t agree with the configuration of it being a bit of a diluted stand to what we wanted, we really have to drive this ourselves as a stand for atmosphere to get people interested.

The club aren’t going to do it. So we need to ourselves.

For anyone in 1894 who does want to make this an atmosphere stand and all those dotted around the ground who also wanted to get involved in the atmosphere in NSL2 (like me), we need to drive this ourselves.

First thing we need to do is push the club for more information:
Where is the standing area?
How much are season tickets going to be?
How much are season tickets going to be for three years?
Can we organise to move and sit/stand with our mates together in the new stand?
How much are individual match tickets going to be?
Can we organise something like Liverpool have where people with an ‘M’ post code or an ‘0161’ area code can buy tickets a week before they go on sale to others (I think that’s a great thing that Liverpool do for their local fans)?
If we generate enough interest (and why shouldn’t we?we get far more than 3,000 stood up behind the goal at Wembley!), how many more can we extend the standing area by?

When we get the answers to these, let’s drive this stand as a new singing section ourselves.

We can’t rely on the club to do it. They don’t understand football fan culture anywhere near enough to get it right themselves. They have never understood our core fanbase in the whole time they’ve been at the club. So we have to do it ourselves.

SSL3 was never designed or advertised as an atmosphere stand, yet in the last three years for big games it’s been the best stand in the ground for atmosphere. If we can drive the new NSL2 ourselves as an atmosphere stand, imagine what we can do.

Maybe we can start our own thread on here so it’s not lost and doesn’t interrupt this thread for those who want updates on the construction aspects of the North Stand?

Last edited:
Right, I’ve had a good think about this since the news dropped last week, and instead of worrying about what the new NSL2 might or might not end up being because of the total lack of information from the club, even if we don’t agree with the configuration of it being a bit of a diluted stand to what we wanted, we really have to drive this ourselves as a stand for atmosphere to get people interested.

For anyone in 1894 who does want to make this an atmosphere stand and all those dotted around the ground who also wanted to get involved in the atmosphere in NSL2 (like me), we need to drive this ourselves.

Can we organise something like Liverpool have where people with an ‘M’ post code or an ‘0161’ area code can buy tickets a week before they go on sale to others (I think that’s a great thing that Liverpool do for their local fans)?
If we generate enough interest (and why shouldn’t we?we get far more than 3,000 stood up behind the goal at Wembley!), how many more can we extend the standing area by?

When we get the answers to these, let’s drive this stand as a new singing section ourselves.

We can’t rely on the club to do it. They don’t understand football fan culture anywhere near enough to get it right themselves. They have never understood our core fanbase in the whole time they’ve been at the club. So we have to do it ourselves.

SSL3 was never designed or advertised as an atmosphere stand, yet in the last three years for big games it’s been the best stand in the ground for atmosphere. If we can drive the new NSL2 ourselves as an atmosphere stand, imagine what we can do.
100%.....

and lobby for the relocation of away fans out of SS2/3 down to ES1/SS1.

Two home ends are better than one !!

So many grey areas with new stand proposals at the moment. How would what you suggest be implemented? I'm reading on here how certain groups are laying claim to parts of the new stand for singing, atmosphere etc. Another poster wanted it so friends and family supporters can be sat together instead of dotted around the ground. It's going to be hard to please everyone.

This, I don't think we should wait for clubs approval, we should just relocate en mass and commandeer the stand ourselves, even take up the non rail seated sections, be no worse than than standing in SS3 anyway.

I'm moving to NS2 and going to give it a good go.

So many grey areas with new stand proposals at the moment. How would what you suggest be implemented? I'm reading on here how certain groups are laying claim to parts of the new stand for singing, atmosphere etc. Another poster wanted it so friends and family supporters can be sat together instead of dotted around the ground. It's going to be hard to please everyone.
Yeah I want to get all my friends and family who are dotted around the ground to get together in this new stand. We are all singers who aren’t in the current singing areas so we’d all be better together in NSL2 singing as a group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.