North Stand Construction Discussion

This, I don't think we should wait for clubs approval, we should just relocate en mass and commandeer the stand ourselves, even take up the non rail seated sections, be no worse than than standing in SS3 anyway.

I'm moving to NS2 and going to give it a good go.
I agree. I think we should not only get on board with the club’s mini and unenthusiastic proposal for making NSL2 an atmosphere stand but really drive it and make it an atmosphere stand whether that’s what they intend or not.

Having thought long and hard about this, we simply cannot let this be the final missed opportunity to have a proper atmosphere stand at City. We can’t let this not be something special:

IMG_7649.jpeg

But we have to drive this ourselves.

Yeah I want to get all my friends and family who are dotted around the ground to get together in this new stand. We are all singers who aren’t in the current singing areas so we’d all be better together in NSL2 singing as a group.
Was that a genuine response?

Surely the standing section has to be right at the back otherwise you'll have seated fans unable to see. Being right under the roof might also help with the acoustics.
I would prefer safe standing with raised seats so the heads of those standing is on roughly the same height as those sitting, but I'm not sure if that is planned.

Surely the standing section has to be right at the back otherwise you'll have seated fans unable to see. Being right under the roof might also help with the acoustics.
I would prefer safe standing with raised seats so the heads of those standing is on roughly the same height as those sitting, but I'm not sure if that is planned.

Is that a thing, can't remember seeing that at other grounds either, but then hadn't paid attention to the seated format of the rail seats.

The way to create a singing section is to create a database of fans who want to sing.
Then put that to the club that these fans want to preferably stand together. Whether that’s SSL3 or NSL2.
Or call me crazy, push it ourselves, and persuade other fans to get over there, never used databases in the past. Just push it, and don't get left behind.

We keep going on about how the club are wasting our last opportunity to make this a home end. Why's this all on the club. The fans make the atmosphere, get your asses over there.

Is that a thing, can't remember seeing that at other grounds either, but then hadn't paid attention to the seated format of the rail seats.
It is a thing, but I don't think it has been adopted anywhere. There was a demonstration of it in Manchester about 20-25 years ago and a few City fans and rags were invited to offer their comments. I went along with Dave Wallace, I'm not sure who else was there from City.
The authorities weren't keen as they wanted sections within grounds to be either seated or standing rather than mixed, even though this format would solve the one of the problems of persistent standing in seated areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.