North Stand Construction Discussion

Because IF we are found guilty then the financial implications will be monstrous. Starting a 100m+ build of a stand / hotel etc would be ridiculous whilst we are on hold for months / years waiting for a decision.

Love all the get it built positivity - but there is a very real situation that we could be completely fucked once the case is heard.

We will find out in the Summer how difficult it is to operate with this threat hanging over us.
Doesn’t matter if we get sanctioned or not. We build the stand and we will fill it either way don’t forget the 30.000 plus when we were in the old 3rd division.

Maybe not 50,000 intitally. But we’ve got a hardcore of 40,000. When City keep on winning, are top of the table, and promotion is guaranteed, the others will come back. It will take time, but City will get back to where they are now.

Again, it’s all conjecture atm.
When we were shit there were loads of Japanese and Chinese at Maine Road because of the Oasis association. Maybe that was a unique situation but there’s a load of so called tourists who still want to visit the Etihad to see us play.

Maybe it’s the “I’m doing City a favour turning up to the match” as much at the tourists who will find other things to do. Who knows.

That said, I can see 50k crowds regardless of whatever division we are in. Maybe not every week but certainly against the more traditional, bigger name opponents.

Anyway, Khaldoon and the boys will fight until beyond the end. The main reason we are nervous seems to be the fear that there is a kangaroo court against us. Hopefully, we are proven wrong and we prevail (but no qualms if overwhelming evidence is found against us).

Doesn’t matter if we get sanctioned or not. We build the stand and we will fill it either way don’t forget the 30.000 plus when we were in the old 3rd division.
We never got 30k plus, average attendance was 28 which was about the limit then.

Don’t forget how we’d struggled to sell out often until recently. We have a core of 40k or so I’d say. If we got sanctioned we wouldn’t be selling out as we currently are, let alone with more seats with an expansion

It’s got nothing to do with having faith in the board. But I’m not sure you are understanding the gravity of some of the offences we’ve been charged with.

Falsifying 9 years of accounts is not some FFP dodge. It’s a criminal offence. Anybody on the board of directors responsible is finished being involved in running a football club and could have far serious criminal proceeding to deal with.

It’s a big IF of course. But this is going to possibly run for years. City meanwhile will be considered toxic until it reaches a conclusion. Sponsors / new players etc aren’t gonna do anything with this cloud hanging over us.

My main point was that it would be madness to sign off on a new stand and hotel until we are in the clear.

As for your comment on players being under contract. We would immediately fail FFP again if relegated and be looking at the biggest loss in football history. The idea that we would go into the Championship and keep our elite squad in tact and not have to fire sale most of the team is fantasy.

But it’s all ifs and buts. We know have endure a couple of years of constant toxic reporting and comments until it gets to a conclusion.

As for the other clubs wanting City relegated - of course they will. Either challenging for Europe or fighting relegation - everybody gains if City were relegated. Everybody. Maybe Newcastle would be on our side but nobody else.

I gave up after this.

‘Falsifying 9 years of accounts is not some FFP dodge’

You’ve already found us guilty.

Thank f*ck you aren’t involved with the club or with our lawyers.

Maybe you should go and work for one of the football tabloids instead of posting on BM.

Again, pure speculation.

The case hasn’t gone to the commission yet, the PL haven’t said anything bar releasing a statement, including an in-correct list of accusations, which was corrected shortly afterwards, yet the headlines from the City hating football media is ‘City relegated if found guilty’.(nothing more than click bait, click, bait, click bait) Guilty of which accusations and how many accusations, 1, 10, 50, 101?

Why all 19 clubs? We have a good idea of which clubs will want City punished. Do you think the Saudis and Newcastle will get involved in that?

Why is the club f*cked? Again, if the club do lose, you don’t know what the punishment will be. You’re jumping the gun again. Believe it or not, some players will stay loyal to the club and the fans, and they will stay and get the club back to the PL, if the club is relegated? If?! Those players who want to leave will be sold on our terms. They will still be under contract. I doubt any of them have a relegation get out clause in their current contracts.

The board won’t be going anywhere unless members of it are directly implicated in any wrong doing. One thing is for sure, Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon won’t be going anywhere. I can’t see Sheikh Mansour selling the club, or Khaldoon stepping down, not after all the investment and comments both have made about the club and how it has been run properly. As for Soriano, I don’t know. Even if members of the board do step down, they will be replaced.

The redevelopment of the North stand is at least 3 years away. We’ll know by then what the punishments are, if there are any? Those punishments may effect the North stand expansion plans? A large fine? No! A points deduction? No! Relegation to the Championship? Maybe?

My waffling aside. You really need to have a bit more faith in Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, and our lawyers. It reads like you’ve already given up and accepted the clubs guilt. And you’re waiting for the punishment/s to be announced by the PL.

i agree, speculation and the tv / media are now seeing it as a drama, dont get sucked in by it all. Plus you have other clubs loving the idea, wouldnt we all love to see liverpool / arsenal or rags booted out the league to give us a better chance.

The prem or FA always come down with a strong bold statement to back up their allegations, they arent going to say "eh city, we are going to try and have you, but to be honest if you take us to court after two years it will blow away" ! This will take ages to sort out once again, prem or FA are trying to lay down the law and put everybody in their place, set an example of what "could" happen.

It is an advantage to us to have around 100 rules we have broken. One of the things our very smart legal team will say is "ok, then you need to check all 37 other prem teams to see if of these 100 rules broken have they been broken by others" ?

So realistically the Fa or going to look at 37 clubs and check 100 rules on each They will tie themselves in knots.

Am i worried ? Am i fook.... The annual investigation.

Reactions: jrb
We never got 30k plus, average attendance was 28 which was about the limit then.

Don’t forget how we’d struggled to sell out often until recently. We have a core of 40k or so I’d say. If we got sanctioned we wouldn’t be selling out as we currently are, let alone with more seats with an expansion

We were still getting 50,000+ even before Haaland arrived.

So we’d lose 10,000? That would still leave us with 40,000.

How many season ticket holders have we got?

Do you think the vast majority of them would give up their season tickets. I don’t know 1 person that would do that.

We might get more local fans returning with a new Championship season ticket and match day ticket pricing structure. :-)

City will never be finished !!

We’re Mancunians with grit, determination and a fucking sense of loyalty and humour.

We were shit and nearly fucked but rose from the ashes.

These are fantastic exciting times, we could win a double or a treble this year....just let that sink in.

A greatest ever victory may come at the end of this and if it does I will carry HH SHEIKH MANSOUR naked down Deansgate for a couple of pints in Sam’s Chop Hoose.

Bring it fucking on and make Sunday a hell on fire !!
I gave up after this.

‘Falsifying 9 years of accounts is not some FFP dodge’

You’ve already found us guilty.

Thank f*ck you aren’t involved with the club or with our lawyers.

Maybe you should go and work for one of the football tabloids instead of posting on BM.
Ive not accepted we are guilty. I’m just telling you that the club won’t be spending multi millions on a new fucking stand when we have the most serious charges ever made in English football hovering over us. All I’ve said is they won’t commit until this is over.

Its a more a good job head in the sand fantasists like you ain’t running the club.

i agree, speculation and the tv / media are now seeing it as a drama, dont get sucked in by it all. Plus you have other clubs loving the idea, wouldnt we all love to see liverpool / arsenal or rags booted out the league to give us a better chance.

The prem or FA always come down with a strong bold statement to back up their allegations, they arent going to say "eh city, we are going to try and have you, but to be honest if you take us to court after two years it will blow away" ! This will take ages to sort out once again, prem or FA are trying to lay down the law and put everybody in their place, set an example of what "could" happen.

It is an advantage to us to have around 100 rules we have broken. One of the things our very smart legal team will say is "ok, then you need to check all 37 other prem teams to see if of these 100 rules broken have they been broken by others" ?

So realistically the Fa or going to look at 37 clubs and check 100 rules on each They will tie themselves in knots.

Am i worried ? Am i fook.... The annual investigation.

Exactly Trev!

The Football media and their shill football journalists will make the most of this while they can, just like they did with UEFA. Then they all went quiet after CAS and moved on.

It’s a can of worms for the PL. 101 (Dalmatian’s) accusations. As you say, break each accusation down, drag it out, and this could go on for ages, dragging the PL and all the other PL clubs along with it.

Bring it on and the North stand expansion.

If City did announce a pause in the plans to expand the North stand expansion before the commission hearing, what would that be a sign off? What would that be saying to the PL, the shill journalists, and City hating fans in general? City are pausing the North stand expansion because……..

Last edited:
Ive not accepted we are guilty. I’m just telling you that the club won’t be spending multi millions on a new fucking stand when we have the most serious charges ever made in English football hovering over us. All I’ve said is they won’t commit until this is over.

Its a more a good job head in the sand fantasists like you ain’t running the club.

Yes you did.

You wrote……

*Falsifying 9 years of accounts is not some FFP dodge*

Show us the proof!

Where has it been proved in a court of law, in-front of the PL commission, on Sly Sports News, on Talk Shite, in Mary D’s, that City have falsified 9 years of accounts?

F*ck it, back to topic.

Get the North stand expanded and ignore the doom mongers, City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.