North Stand Construction Discussion

We never got 30k plus, average attendance was 28 which was about the limit then.

Don’t forget how we’d struggled to sell out often until recently. We have a core of 40k or so I’d say. If we got sanctioned we wouldn’t be selling out as we currently are, let alone with more seats with an expansion
We did get 30000 plus several times in 98/99 season. The maximum capacity was 32500(iirc) and the only reason we averaged 28500 was because we gave several clubs too many seats they couldn't fill. I couldn't get a ticket for a few games that season.

We did get 30000 plus several times in 98/99 season. The maximum capacity was 32500(iirc) and the only reason we averaged 28500 was because we gave several clubs too many seats they couldn't fill. I couldn't get a ticket for a few games that season.

Back then football was run by the Hooligans. It wasn’t a place for women, kids and families, or to sample the match day experience. It was a totally different football era.

If City are relegated, which is just tabloid frenzy atm, I have know doubt we would still get a minimum of 40,000 in the Championship. At least the away end at the Etihad would be full most of the time.

Yes you did.

You wrote……

*Falsifying 9 years of accounts is not some FFP dodge*

Show us the proof!

Where has it been proved in a court of law, in-front of the PL commission, on Sly Sports News, on Talk Shite, in Mary D’s, that City have falsified 9 years of accounts?

F*ck it, back to topic.

Get the North stand expanded and ignore the doom mongers, City!
I wrote the line about falsifying 9 years of accounts cause that is the charge we are facing, not that I accepted we are guilty.

I’ve no idea if we are guilty. Nobody does. This hearing is a massive gamble that could go either way no matter how innocent our board think we are.

IF we are found guilty then there is a world of pain awaiting. Potential legal claims from dozens of team for lost revenue never mind potential fines or game changing relegation.

Pausing the stand development is not accepting we are guilty, its financial common sense not to over commit when we don’t know what lies ahead.

We were still getting 50,000+ even before Haaland arrived.

So we’d lose 10,000? That would still leave us with 40,000.

How many season ticket holders have we got?

Do you think the vast majority of them would give up their season tickets. I don’t know 1 person that would do that.

We might get more local fans returning with a new Championship season ticket and match day ticket pricing structure. :-)
Let them kick us out of the league to the lowest league they want.
It wouldn't stop me going, I'd even get to the ground an hour earlier.

Back then football was run by the Hooligans. It wasn’t a place for women, kids and families, or to sample the match day experience. It was a totally different football era.

If City are relegated, which is just tabloid frenzy atm, I have know doubt we would still get a minimum of 40,000 in the Championship. At least the away end at the Etihad would be full most of the time.
Hooliganism had all but died out back then apart from the skirmish now and again. And there were plenty of women kids and families in attendance that season.

I agree with you on attracting 40k plus in the Championship though.

apologies, I was under the impression the introduction of the Gene Kelly’s after put us above the 30k. Upon checking I see we had an attendance of 24k against reading at home. Can’t imagine that’s down to reading tickets. The main point was filling it if we went down, we wouldn’t fill the etihad now before the expansion. We’d get good crowds however

I wrote the line about falsifying 9 years of accounts cause that is the charge we are facing, not that I accepted we are guilty.

I’ve no idea if we are guilty. Nobody does. This hearing is a massive gamble that could go either way no matter how innocent our board think we are.

IF we are found guilty then there is a world of pain awaiting. Potential legal claims from dozens of team for lost revenue never mind potential fines or game changing relegation.

Pausing the stand development is not accepting we are guilty, its financial common sense not to over commit when we don’t know what lies ahead.

The accusation from the PL is…..

There you go again, making hypothetical endings up. You don’t know what will happen.

If that was the case, even though City knew this PL stitch up was coming, why have they carried on with the North stand proposal and gone public on it? Surely they would have kept quiet about the North stand expansion until the outcome of the PL accusations were finished one way or another, but the club hasn’t.

Here’s a thought. When the club begins the consultation on the North stand expansion, which ‘is happening’, where fans can go and see the plans on a match day at the Etihad, why don’t you go down and ask the club representatives themselves. Even better, if you bump into Soriano. Danny Wilson, or if you’re fortunate enough, Khalddon, ask them.

We’re going around in circles here.

Last edited:
apologies, I was under the impression the introduction of the Gene Kelly’s after put us above the 30k. Upon checking I see we had an attendance of 24k against reading at home. Can’t imagine that’s down to reading tickets. The main point was filling it if we went down, we wouldn’t fill the etihad now before the expansion. We’d get good crowds however
No apology needed pal. The 'Gene kelly stand' was erected in 97/98 season which came (i think) from Oulton Park race track. It increased our capacity to around 32500.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.