North Stand Construction Discussion

If City are found guilty? If?

What if City are not found guilty?

Guilty of what? There are 101 PL accusations.

What will the punishment be?

Where have you got the £100mill build from?

The hotel is for the Coop Live Arena as well as the Etihad stadium.

Even if City are found guilty and relegated, City will still get crowds of 50,000.

City knew this PL attack was coming, but they’ve still pressed on with an expanded North stand, a Hotel, a Museum, and a new City Square. City must be confident about winning the case against the PL.
In the very unlikely scenario this happens there won’t be 50,000 crowds… nowhere near

All the tourists won’t be seen for dust

I’d say it’s the ideal time to redevelop. Assuming only the day trippers stop attending then this would enable the closure of the North Stand whilst redevelopment took place. The loyal fans, as in the past, would still be there. No other supporters can match the loyalty of Manchester City fans! We’re not really here.

Because IF we are found guilty then the financial implications will be monstrous. Starting a 100m+ build of a stand / hotel etc would be ridiculous whilst we are on hold for months / years waiting for a decision.

Love all the get it built positivity - but there is a very real situation that we could be completely fucked once the case is heard.

We will find out in the Summer how difficult it is to operate with this threat hanging over us.
City will never be finished !!

We’re Mancunians with grit, determination and a fucking sense of loyalty and humour.

We were shit and nearly fucked but rose from the ashes.

These are fantastic exciting times, we could win a double or a treble this year....just let that sink in.

A greatest ever victory may come at the end of this and if it does I will carry HH SHEIKH MANSOUR naked down Deansgate for a couple of pints in Sam’s Chop Hoose.

Bring it fucking on and make Sunday a hell on fire !!

City will never be finished !!

We’re Mancunians with grit, determination and a fucking sense of loyalty and humour.

We were shit and nearly fucked but rose from the ashes.

These are fantastic exciting times, we could win a double or a treble this year....just let that sink in.

A greatest ever victory may come at the end of this and if it does I will carry HH SHEIKH MANSOUR naked down Deansgate for a couple of pints in Sam’s Chop Hoose.

Bring it fucking on and make Sunday a hell on fire !!
He’ll be very happy but I can’t see Sheikh Mansour getting naked on Deansgate !

Who knows who wins the case ? I’m sure both sides are confident.

But if the Premier League win there will be 19 clubs demanding we are relegated.

If ( and it’s a big if ) we lose the case the club is fucked. Firesale of players and the board gone - possibly facing serious personal charges themselves.

No chance they sanction a huge development during this period. It’ll be paused until hopefully we get cleared.

Again, pure speculation.

The case hasn’t gone to the commission yet, the PL haven’t said anything bar releasing a statement, including an in-correct list of accusations, which was corrected shortly afterwards, yet the headlines from the City hating football media is ‘City relegated if found guilty’.(nothing more than click bait, click, bait, click bait) Guilty of which accusations and how many accusations, 1, 10, 50, 101?

Why all 19 clubs? We have a good idea of which clubs will want City punished. Do you think the Saudis and Newcastle will get involved in that?

Why is the club f*cked? Again, if the club do lose, you don’t know what the punishment will be. You’re jumping the gun again. Believe it or not, some players will stay loyal to the club and the fans, and they will stay and get the club back to the PL, if the club is relegated? If?! Those players who want to leave will be sold on our terms. They will still be under contract. I doubt any of them have a relegation get out clause in their current contracts.

The board won’t be going anywhere unless members of it are directly implicated in any wrong doing. One thing is for sure, Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon won’t be going anywhere. I can’t see Sheikh Mansour selling the club, or Khaldoon stepping down, not after all the investment and comments both have made about the club and how it has been run properly. As for Soriano, I don’t know. Even if members of the board do step down, they will be replaced.

The redevelopment of the North stand is at least 3 years away. We’ll know by then what the punishments are, if there are any? Those punishments may effect the North stand expansion plans? A large fine? No! A points deduction? No! Relegation to the Championship? Maybe?

My waffling aside. You really need to have a bit more faith in Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, and our lawyers. It reads like you’ve already given up and accepted the clubs guilt. And you’re waiting for the punishment/s to be announced by the PL.

Last edited:
In the very unlikely scenario this happens there won’t be 50,000 crowds… nowhere near

All the tourists won’t be seen for dust

Maybe not 50,000 intitally. But we’ve got a hardcore of 40,000. When City keep on winning, are top of the table, and promotion is guaranteed, the others will come back. It will take time, but City will get back to where they are now.

Again, it’s all conjecture atm.

Again, pure speculation.

The case hasn’t gone to the commission yet, the PL haven’t said anything bar releasing a statement, an in-correct list of accusations, which was corrected shortly afterwards, yet the headlines from the City hating football media is ‘City relegated if found guilty’.(nothing more than click bait, click, bait, click bait) Guilty of which accusations and how many accusations, 1, 10, 50, 101?

Why all 19 clubs? We have a good idea of which clubs will want City punished. Do you think the Saudis and Newcastle will get involved in that?

Why is the club f*cked? Again, if the club do lose, you don’t know what the punishment will be. You’re jumping the gun again. Believe it or not, some players will stay loyal to the club and the fans, and they will stay and get the club back to the PL, if the club is relegated? If?! Those players who want to leave will be sold on our terms. They will still be under contract. I doubt any of them have a relegation get out clause in their current constructs.

The board won’t be going anywhere unless members of it are directly implicated in any wrong doing. One thing is for sure, Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon won’t be going anywhere. I can’t see Sheikh Mansour selling the club, or Khaldoon stepping down, not after all the investment and comments both have made about the club, and how it has been run properly. As for Soriano, I don’t know. Even if members of the board do step down, they will be replaced.

The redevelopment of the North stand is at least 3 years away. We’ll know by then what the punishments are, if there are any? Those punishments my effect the North stand expansion plans? A large fine? No! A points deduction? Relegation to the Championship? Maybe?

My waffling aside. You really do need to have a bit more faith in Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, and our lawyers. It reads like you’ve already given up and accepted the clubs guilt. And you’re waiting for the punishment/s to be announced by the PL.
It’s got nothing to do with having faith in the board. But I’m not sure you are understanding the gravity of some of the offences we’ve been charged with.

Falsifying 9 years of accounts is not some FFP dodge. It’s a criminal offence. Anybody on the board of directors responsible is finished being involved in running a football club and could have far serious criminal proceeding to deal with.

It’s a big IF of course. But this is going to possibly run for years. City meanwhile will be considered toxic until it reaches a conclusion. Sponsors / new players etc aren’t gonna do anything with this cloud hanging over us.

My main point was that it would be madness to sign off on a new stand and hotel until we are in the clear.

As for your comment on players being under contract. We would immediately fail FFP again if relegated and be looking at the biggest loss in football history. The idea that we would go into the Championship and keep our elite squad in tact and not have to fire sale most of the team is fantasy.

But it’s all ifs and buts. We know have endure a couple of years of constant toxic reporting and comments until it gets to a conclusion.

As for the other clubs wanting City relegated - of course they will. Either challenging for Europe or fighting relegation - everybody gains if City were relegated. Everybody. Maybe Newcastle would be on our side but nobody else.

It’s got nothing to do with having faith in the board. But I’m not sure you are understanding the gravity of some of the offences we’ve been charged with.

Falsifying 9 years of accounts is not some FFP dodge. It’s a criminal offence. Anybody on the board of directors responsible is finished being involved in running a football club and could have far serious criminal proceeding to deal with.

It’s a big IF of course. But this is going to possibly run for years. City meanwhile will be considered toxic until it reaches a conclusion. Sponsors / new players etc aren’t gonna do anything with this cloud hanging over us.

My main point was that it would be madness to sign off on a new stand and hotel until we are in the clear.

As for your comment on players being under contract. We would immediately fail FFP again if relegated and be looking at the biggest loss in football history. The idea that we would go into the Championship and keep our elite squad in tact and not have to fire sale most of the team is fantasy.

But it’s all ifs and buts. We know have endure a couple of years of constant toxic reporting and comments until it gets to a conclusion.

As for the other clubs wanting City relegated - of course they will. Either challenging for Europe or fighting relegation - everybody gains if City were relegated. Everybody. Maybe Newcastle would be on our side but nobody else.
I thought HMRC dealt with falsified accounts not the PL. If the PL have evidence of criminal offences then they should be reporting it to the police not handling it themselves. Have we heard from anyone else on this matter at any time?

I’d say it’s the ideal time to redevelop. Assuming only the day trippers stop attending then this would enable the closure of the North Stand whilst redevelopment took place. The loyal fans, as in the past, would still be there. No other supporters can match the loyalty of Manchester City fans! We’re not really here.

I'd agree in the past, but so much of our fanbase has been priced out of attending games, unless a serious reduction in ticket prices took place we may struggle to get 'legacy' fans back. IF we got relegated, let's see how many half and half fans come back, I can't see a lot returning tbh.

All of this is conjecture though. I feel we will overcome these charges, maybe take a fine, but no relegation or points deductions.

The Red dominated Media, the Red / USA dominated Prem League Owners, PiGMOL, the Hateful 8 and the UEFA Group of 15 have done their very best and failed so far. Keep them boiling piss and drink their Salty tears when they fail again.

Stay strong blues. CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.