North Stand Construction Discussion

I reckon that coach greeting before the game probably had a bigger impact than anything City could do with the ground configuration, not specifically it being a coach greeting but large numbers of fans before the game congregated together outside the ground getting an atmosphere going, then that feeding onto the concourse, then the stands.

The lack of anywhere decent to go around the ground for a drink and a singsong is shocking really, a covered City Square (with no farce entertainment) or a beer hall just off site (Mercedes garage?) would do wonders.

It's great being in and around Ancoats and Northern Quarter pre-match, it's probably one of the best areas in the UK, but it doesn't build an atmosphere.
Also the new bar in the south stand is superb, DJ, live football on the screens, served in seconds, best thing City have done on the fans experience in a long time.

I reckon that coach greeting before the game probably had a bigger impact than anything City could do with the ground configuration, not specifically it being a coach greeting but large numbers of fans before the game congregated together outside the ground getting an atmosphere going, then that feeding onto the concourse, then the stands.

The lack of anywhere decent to go around the ground for a drink and a singsong is shocking really, a covered City Square (with no farce entertainment) or a beer hall just off site (Mercedes garage?) would do wonders.

It's great being in and around Ancoats and Northern Quarter pre-match, it's probably one of the best areas in the UK, but it doesn't build an atmosphere.
Agreed we need a big indoor space next to the ground with sensibly priced booze for before and after the game. City Square does not work for me.

Also the new bar in the south stand is superb, DJ, live football on the screens, served in seconds, best thing City have done on the fans experience in a long time.
Having been in that bar 3 times due to cup games I've found the biggest benefit of it is the other bars in SS1 are lovely and quiet.

Agreed we need a big indoor space next to the ground with sensibly priced booze for before and after the game. City Square does not work for me.
Isn’t that gonna be the indoor arena? 34 bars & restaurants, outdoor seating areas, the largest floor space of any indoor arena in the Uk. I can honestly see great things pre match, maybe Bavarian style long tables to allow large groups to sit together, proper table service, good food options & all pre bookable, large screens, Dj’s, entertainment and hopefully a full hour from KO free from anything other than building an atmosphere to take into the ground. I’m also hoping this is extended to showing live City games, the opportunities are endless really

Isn’t that gonna be the indoor arena? 34 bars & restaurants, outdoor seating areas, the largest floor space of any indoor arena in the Uk. I can honestly see great things pre match, maybe Bavarian style long tables to allow large groups to sit together, proper table service, good food options & all pre bookable, large screens, Dj’s, entertainment and hopefully a full hour from KO free from anything other than building an atmosphere to take into the ground. I’m also hoping this is extended to showing live City games, the opportunities are endless really
It's too coporate. A couple more old fashioned boozers on the way to the ground would do the job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.