North Stand Construction Discussion

If you want a pub, it needs to be a 'destination pub' that people will go to 364 days a year, not just when City are playing. It's a big ask and a big risk, but it could be done if it was done right. The thing is though, it would not be some shitty vault. It would be more like Worsley Old Hall. Exceptional food, a good deal of cosy seating and a good range of drinks. (To be honest, if this idea was floated I am not sure I would want to buy shares, but with investment in the area, it could work.)

City Square is absolute dog shit.
I wouldn’t go that far, most clubs & their fanbase would love to have it, and we’re gonna replace it with an arena & newly expanded and covered City square, most neutrals I’ve taken to a City game think it’s great, I agree It isn’t fit for purpose any longer and neither is the club shop, that’s mainly down to the size & what they can offer in the current facilities.

Thousands may disagree.

It’s always busy and atmospheric. The stage gives great exposure to local musicians.

Where do you go before the game ?
It's an outdoor bar in a city thats freezing and/or pissing down for 80% of the season. Not for me.

I go for a few in Clayton Conservative club, usually watching the earlier game in there. Madri on tap, big screens. Warmth. Each to their own.

I wouldn’t go that far, most clubs & their fanbase would love to have it, and we’re gonna replace it with an arena & newly expanded and covered City square, most neutrals I’ve taken to a City game think it’s great, I agree It isn’t fit for purpose any longer and neither is the club shop, that’s mainly down to the size & what they can offer in the current facilities.
I've just never taken to it mate. Season ticket holder in SSL3 and prefer a pint elsewhere before the game. Typically somewhere not freezing and wet with cheesy 'pre match entertainment'. Agree though, the whole concept is quite unique and I'm proud that City offer something most other teams don't around the stadium it's just not for me.

I've just never taken to it mate. Season ticket holder in SSL3 and prefer a pint elsewhere before the game. Typically somewhere not freezing and wet with cheesy 'pre match entertainment'. Agree though, the whole concept is quite unique and I'm proud that City offer something most other teams don't around the stadium it's just not for me.
Biggest issue is the weather for me too. Covered, indoor and without huge puddles everywhere will make a huge difference. I’d plan to go there earlier. It could help with a steadier flow of entry to the ground aswell, so no missing the first 10 minutes of champs league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.