North Stand Construction Discussion

I’ve never cared about the cold and wet. It hardly ever is cold or wet to the point you can’t be outdoors in it in Manchester anyway. Only the odd days a year are really bad weather-wise.

But I can’t be doing with the shouting and childishness at City Sqaure. All that’s needed at City Sq is goals on the screens while a band plays.

We don’t need the team being shouted at us as they come off the bus. We don’t need any silly games. We don’t need any interviews with inane questions. We don’t need any pre-match punditry from people who’s opinions we’re not arsed about… just get a band on for half an hour (instead of just a couple of songs) with goals on the screens in the background.

And make sure the tills at the bars give the season ticket discount.
Guess you really can't please all of the people all of the time :)

That’s good.

I’m not really in to music anymore but I’m assuming the capacity is in between The Apollo and The MEN Arena (or whatever it’s called now!)

There’s potential for comedy, boxing, wrestling, club nights and all sorts.
Co-Op's bigger and better. The MEN had their chance, refused to invest in their own facilities.

Co-Op's bigger and better. The MEN had their chance, refused to invest in their own facilities.

They’re certainly doing their best to play catchup now.

Backstage and hospitality facilities at the MEN / AO arena have seen a refurb recently and they are improving front of house and box office facilities very soon. They’ve also recently been on a hiring spree for marketing and venue management staff.

Whether it’s too little too late, or whether the market in Manchester can sustain two arenas remains to be seen.

Co-Op Live has a bigger capacity though and that is going to be their main advantage for clients like Live Nation and SJM. For promoters and big artists, that additional headroom is where all the profit is.

Backstage and hospitality facilities at the MEN / AO arena have seen a refurb recently and they are improving front of house and box office facilities very soon. They’ve also recently been on a hiring spree for marketing and venue management staff.

Whether it’s too little too late, or whether the market in Manchester can sustain two arenas remains to be seen.

Co-Op Live has a bigger capacity though and that is going to be their main advantage for clients like Live Nation and SJM. For promoters and big artists, that additional headroom is where all the profit is.
My last experience of the MEN a few months ago was horrific. I'll never complain about bar service in 109 again after the shambles I experienced there.

My last experience of the MEN a few months ago was horrific. I'll never complain about bar service in 109 again after the shambles I experienced there.

Yep, it’s rubbish.

They are going to improve but ultimately their customers aren’t the paying public, they’re the big promotions companies like Live Nation.

And Live Nation don’t give a shit about the quality of the bars either - the state of the offer in their own venues is testament to that (O2 Ritz, O2 Apollo).

Joe Public is a captive audience.

Won’t Co Op be smaller once the MEN is expanded as planned

I paid £7.50 for the worst Amstel I've ever had in my life when I went to see Kendrick there. It had been sat on the side for I don't know how long. Lad in front of me pretended that's how much it cost at the football, I told him it didn't cost that much at City and it was better beer as well. Not many places you can say that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.