North Stand Construction Discussion

It's an outdoor bar in a city thats freezing and/or pissing down for 80% of the season. Not for me.

I go for a few in Clayton Conservative club, usually watching the earlier game in there. Madri on tap, big screens. Warmth. Each to their own.
....so why denigrate City Sq and those that use it,were not all facking tories don’t you know !!

When City Sq becomes an exclusive, invitation only destination with real ale, HOLLAND’s pies, Curry Mile specialities and underfloor heating you’ll be black balled.

See yaa !!

A busy crowd pre and post match 25 times a season should see a well run pub tick over.

Tranmere are my local side now and the football crowd are the only time those near Prenton Park are full.

A busy crowd pre and post match 25 times a season should see a well run pub tick over.

Tranmere are my local side now and the football crowd are the only time those near Prenton Park are full.
Between the Etihad and Co-op live they expect the site to be busy every other day. Add to that the potential for restaurants and other leisure facilities, I don’t think there would be any problem with boozers around there.

Between the Etihad and Co-op live they expect the site to be busy every other day. Add to that the potential for restaurants and other leisure facilities, I don’t think there would be any problem with boozers around there.
That’s good.

I’m not really in to music anymore but I’m assuming the capacity is in between The Apollo and The MEN Arena (or whatever it’s called now!)

There’s potential for comedy, boxing, wrestling, club nights and all sorts.

....so why denigrate City Sq and those that use it,were not all facking tories don’t you know !!

When City Sq becomes an exclusive, invitation only destination with real ale, HOLLAND’s pies, Curry Mile specialities and underfloor heating you’ll be black balled.

See yaa !!
Are the Hollands pies a reality or a wish list for you ?

I've just never taken to it mate. Season ticket holder in SSL3 and prefer a pint elsewhere before the game. Typically somewhere not freezing and wet with cheesy 'pre match entertainment'. Agree though, the whole concept is quite unique and I'm proud that City offer something most other teams don't around the stadium it's just not for me.
I’ve never cared about the cold and wet. It hardly ever is cold or wet to the point you can’t be outdoors in it in Manchester anyway. Only the odd days a year are really bad weather-wise.

But I can’t be doing with the shouting and childishness at City Sqaure. All that’s needed at City Sq is goals on the screens while a band plays.

We don’t need the team being shouted at us as they come off the bus. We don’t need any silly games. We don’t need any interviews with inane questions. We don’t need any pre-match punditry from people who’s opinions we’re not arsed about… just get a band on for half an hour (instead of just a couple of songs) with goals on the screens in the background.

And make sure the tills at the bars give the season ticket discount.

That’s good.

I’m not really in to music anymore but I’m assuming the capacity is in between The Apollo and The MEN Arena (or whatever it’s called now!)

There’s potential for comedy, boxing, wrestling, club nights and all sorts.
Co-Op is going to have the second largest capacity in Europe… 23,500.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.