North Stand Construction Discussion

Business dictates, fans obey. As long as City sell-out home games, they have no incentive to lower prices. With the inevitable collapse of disposable income for a very large parts of the public, this could change, drastically, and become permanent. This would be taken into account by the strategists that make the big calls at CFG. Accelerated gentrification is short-term nirvana, long-term f'kin disaster. And there's fck-all we can do about it.....

I hope we do go with this when we eventually decide to go ahead with it. I think our fanbase suits our capacity we’ve got at the minute. Unless the ticket pricing is lowered to bring back some of the old timers and newer generation, I don’t see the point in extending.

The North Stand would be closed for a good period of time during the construction if they did just go for a one tier stand. I’m no engineer, but I reckon the whole stand would have to be pretty much demolished. They will perhaps go ahead with a big second tier.
See this is where we differ.
I am an engineer.

As much as a despise them, I do think the scousers have got it right with the £9 home tickets to Local Residents.

We've easily got a big enough fan base in Manchester to fill a 60,000 seat stadium each week at the right price.

Would love to see 5,000-10,000 cheap tickets to supporters with an M postcode
Pah! Everyone knows that most of City’s support comes from the SK postcode!

From a cost and engineering point of view to do a 'one wall' stand would be completely out of the question in my view. You are demolishing a structure with plenty of life left in it so from an economical perspective it will never happen.

Shame as i think it is the way to go to create a better atmosphere in new stadiums, we are slightly hamstrung in terms of what we can do!
People keep posting this crap about a ‘single tier’ expanded North Stand. No one has even attempted to explain how this can be acheived without out closing the whole North end for a full season and pissing off thousands of season ticket holders in the process. For what? To satisfy a few obsessives who want a single tier stand?

If (or rather when) the North Stand is expanded, it will follow the path that was taken with the South Stand with a third tier built behind the existing stand and next to no disruption.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.