North Stand Construction Discussion

Yeah absolutely, totally transformed having a beer pre, mid and post match. Its made going into the ground before hand a decent experience and actually if in no rush after the game have a beer, see the highlights, let the crowds die down etc. Now imagine that 100 times the size with live music on, decent food options, alternative beers etc, it will be class.
They’ve done very well if they can retain hundreds of Blues inside the stadium afterwards.

I’ve attended far too many matches at all levels for years and everyone just always wants to get off. That’ll be a cultural change.

They’ve done very well if they can retain hundreds of Blues inside the stadium afterwards.

I’ve attended far too many matches at all levels for years and everyone just always wants to get off. That’ll be a cultural change.
I think they definitely will, either sit in a traffic jam for an hour or watch the highlights with a drink/something to eat, no brainer really.

I think they definitely will, either sit in a traffic jam for an hour or watch the highlights with a drink/something to eat, no brainer really.
For afternnon or tea time games but not so much for night games that finish at 10.00. That's the biggest issue for me.

It’s a requirement by the PL that at least some of the away allocation must be pitch side. Utd and Newcastle have special dispensation to avoid it. The former due to the disabled section and the latter due to the tunnel under the stand.
Ta for info. Do you know why Newcastle changed the away bit from one corner to the other side?

I don't think it's going to be that simple mate.

They're expanding the capacity by 7k. There is only room for 3k at the new City Plaza or whatever it will be called.

So assuming we sell out, it's a minimum of an extra 4k trying to bundle on to trams, buses, cars etc to get out. And that's if City Plaza is operating at full capacity!

Even if we don't sell a single extra ticket, 3k staying for a post match beer isn't going to make the slightest dent into the 55k regulars trying to get home after the match.

You only have to look at how busy the club shop is after games with tourists and local fans to be fair. Give them somewhere after the game that is family friendly, warm and dry and does decent food and drink and it will be a huge success.

Ta for info. Do you know why Newcastle changed the away bit from one corner to the other side?
1 line of segregation as apposed to 2 and better seats for home fans.

They did it in 2008. They sell the tickets next to the away fans last and it is easier to extend for cup games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.