North Stand Construction Discussion

That some one wasn’t me. I told you I didn’t say that. I told you the North stand exterior wouldn’t be the same as the South stand exterior. You said it would be. Let it go and just be happy almost everyone is happy with the proposal.
I don’t get your point

Also we don’t know yet very much about the look in terms of renders which is my point even now that we know it will look very different to the other stand the renders could be the same

This! I’ve never understood why we are happy for away teams to shoot towards there fans in the second half of every game, we shoot away from our most vocal supporters and allow them an advantage. After all this shit we’ve had recently from other clubs and there supporters we should do everything we can to give ourselves an advantage

Said something similar myself on here before. Just seems like a huge own goal and can't understand why it hasn't been flagged. So simple to rectify too. Presumably the thought process is that it'll get us off to a fast start? A number of games this season we've been guilty of starting off slowly and only waking up after we've conceded though. Even when we have gone one up we've often taken our foot off the gas and not gone all out for the second either- sometimes to our cost. Completely bizarre we don't attack the South Stand second half.

They’ve done very well if they can retain hundreds of Blues inside the stadium afterwards.

I’ve attended far too many matches at all levels for years and everyone just always wants to get off. That’ll be a cultural change.

I might be in a minority then as so many times I've wanted to have a drink and some food after the match but around the stadium everything is closed.

You only have to look at how busy the club shop is after games with tourists and local fans to be fair. Give them somewhere after the game that is family friendly, warm and dry and does decent food and drink and it will be a huge success.

For people who essentially don't need to get home because, as you say, they are tourists anyhow.

Those people are probably staying in city centre for the weekend and in no rush to join the manc commute home.

The issue remains and will continue to do so because thousands of people just want to actually go to the game and go home, without the jumping through hoops which entails getting to and from the stadium for most games, certainly night matches when it also joins the regular rush hour.

And that was without the reduced car parking options...

It's not a flowery tow path, electric charging points for bikes or fancy pints, the fans need.

It's a committed and cohesive transport plan, something this country is absolutely shite at.

Symmetry is generally good is my point but I alsoI like that the plans have added hotel and other facilities and made the stadium different my initial post was before the plans and in response to someone not liking the external of the other stand and hoping this stand was different in terms of external rather than symmetry this is my main point I cannot see it being completely different here other wise it will look odd
Don't take this personally but some punctuation wouldn't go amiss, your posts would make more sense then.

The original city square idea was to have fans stay behind for a few drinks before jumping on the tram.

Said something similar myself on here before. Just seems like a huge own goal and can't understand why it hasn't been flagged. So simple to rectify too. Presumably the thought process is that it'll get us off to a fast start? A number of games this season we've been guilty of starting off slowly and only waking up after we've conceded though. Even when we have gone one up we've often taken our foot off the gas and not gone all out for the second either- sometimes to our cost. Completely bizarre we don't attack the South Stand second half.

I don’t tend to bother with such things myself but I’ve heard multiple people say that in interviews etc. numerous players have repeatedly said that as a group they’ve decided they prefer kicking towards the North Stand second half.

For people who essentially don't need to get home because, as you say, they are tourists anyhow.

Those people are probably staying in city centre for the weekend and in no rush to join the manc commute home.

The issue remains and will continue to do so because thousands of people just want to actually go to the game and go home, without the jumping through hoops which entails getting to and from the stadium for most games, certainly night matches when it also joins the regular rush hour.

And that was without the reduced car parking options...

It's not a flowery tow path, electric charging points for bikes or fancy pints, the fans need.

It's a committed and cohesive transport plan, something this country is absolutely shite at.
To be fair there isn’t a great deal the club can control either with the roads or tram service, maybe a bit of pressure but will the councils transport policy really change that much for maybe 2 hours 25 times a year. The arena might have more influence on that.
What the club can do is try and lessen the traffic a bit by encouraging more people to stay longer, I have started doing that, and increase those walking back to town by making it more pleasant ,but we do play in winter :)
Not sure it will ever get much better than it is now but the improvements may help prevent it getting worse with 7000 more fans. As I’ve said before for me the biggest issue are late 10.00 finishes, they everyone wants to get away straight after the game.

Populous, South stand expansion and Tunnel Club.

Nothing about the North stand expansion yet.

E5F67710-045D-491C-A216-3F00E1C7D381.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.