North Stand Construction Discussion

I sincerely hope so. Personally, I like to be away from the stadium to wind down the emotion of about two hours. The walk, if only to The Halfway House in Clayton, helps clear my head.
Bloody hell, if the street closures go ahead, you'll need to be parked up three hours before kick off if you want be as close as The Halfway House.

;-)

I

That wasn't the discussion mate, wether it would help with the queueing etc, it was wether hundreds of City fans would stay after the game for a pint in the NEW City Square, they will, it won't alleviate the traffic but people will definitely stay for a pint rather than sit in a traffic jam for an hour...
Can’t really have a pint if they’re driving though, having one or two before the game is risky enough. Also a lot of those travelling by tram have a drive the other end so it remains to be seen how many are attracted to stay behind for an hour. I still think there’ll be queues to get away as fast as possible after the game once the novelty dies down.

Morning all, has anyone seen the CGI of the new stand with ‘CITY’ in big writing across it? It’s an internal shot.

Cant find where i first saw it on here or on twitter.

It might not be an official CGI either!

Thanks
Chris

Can’t really have a pint if they’re driving though, having one or two before the game is risky enough. Also a lot of those travelling by tram have a drive the other end so it remains to be seen how many are attracted to stay behind for an hour. I still think there’ll be queues to get away as fast as possible after the game once the novelty dies down.
There will always be queues, big queues but what it does is gives people a choice...

Can't blame city for that, fuck me how much has the club got to pay into OUR club before people are happy, write to your M.P for fucks sake...

It's about City recognising the problem doesn't start or end at the Etihad.

Fans leave early because of the issues getting to and from the stadium, not the opportunity to stick around it at their leisure.

I blame City for a lot of it, they have done very little to establish what the issues are because they see it like you seemingly do, it's not their problem?

But it is a problem for them, or they wouldn't be trying token gestures to address, but always with the mindset of how they can monetise fans further.

City don't need to care that someone from Sale or Alty can't get a direct tram to the stadium or it takes more than an hour to drive eight miles for any evening game, with no parking places to speak of.

What it does do, however, is impact the fans' mindset how they attend and for how long.

My criticism of City is the huge influence they have over the council and have done little to improve the relief roads or tram timetables, let alone offering solutions.

City don't want a transport solution that gets us to and away from games quickly.

They want us there early, they want us there late. We could build another tram stop on the south side of the ground, if we really wanted to address ten thousand people leaving on 85 minutes.

When you add in the latest plans for further zero car parking, it is clear the club and council are in total alignment.

I can tell you the players are shit, showered and changed and sat in the same traffic as the rest of us before many others are back on a tram.

Cars are parked fifty yards away so they make a sharp exit.

There will be plenty of occasions when there will be 60k football supporters and another 15-20k rocking up for an event at the Arena on the same day, which will have the tills ringing, but absolute mayhem in the surroundings.

I'm not sure Soriano will give it too much thought when he's still holding court in the Chairman's Lounge two hours after the game and filling his face with Gambas.

Fans leave early because of the issues getting to and from the stadium, not the opportunity to stick around it at their leisure.

I blame City for a lot of it, they have done very little to establish what the issues are because they see it like you seemingly do, it's not their problem?

But it is a problem for them, or they wouldn't be trying token gestures to address, but always with the mindset of how they can monetise fans further.

City don't need to care that someone from Sale or Alty can't get a direct tram to the stadium or it takes more than an hour to drive eight miles for any evening game, with no parking places to speak of.

What it does do, however, is impact the fans' mindset how they attend and for how long.

My criticism of City is the huge influence they have over the council and have done little to improve the relief roads or tram timetables, let alone offering solutions.

City don't want a transport solution that gets us to and away from games quickly.

They want us there early, they want us there late. We could build another tram stop on the south side of the ground, if we really wanted to address ten thousand people leaving on 85 minutes.

When you add in the latest plans for further zero car parking, it is clear the club and council are in total alignment.

I can tell you the players are shit, showered and changed and sat in the same traffic as the rest of us before many others are back on a tram.

There will be plenty of occasions when there will be 60k football supporters and another 15-20k rocking up for an event at the Arena on the same day, which will have the tills ringing, but absolute mayhem in the surroundings.

I'm not sure Soriano will give it too much thought when he's still holding court in the Chairman's Lounge two hours after the game and filling his face with Gambas.
If that’s the case that they want us hanging around after they aren’t currently monetising if very well! When I leave Colin bell 3 the bars etc are shut, city square is overwhelmed with anymore than a few hundred customers. Even the new fan covered area only provides for 3000, you could maybe double that with the new arena. Night matches in particular folk want away with school and work in the morning. There will be carnage the first time a gig clashes with a city game, and it will put gig goers off big time. As previously mentioned city need to lean on council etc to improve tram and bus services. I said a while back an electric bus fleet of 50-100 100 plus capacity vehicles could whisk fans and gig goers away to hubs with an odd road closure and traffic lights coordinated efficiently. City need to act now or their return on investment will be significantly reduced. That will cost ferran some big gambas.

Just get someone to hold your hand...

At Maine Rd loads used to arrive early and leave late because we had over a dozen great pubs within walking distance and the curry mile on our doorstep.
The quantity and quality of pubs we have now are shit in comparison which is why many can't wait to get away.
If we have great bars and restaurants In the vicinity more people will be inclined to stay longer myself included.

At Maine Rd loads used to arrive early and leave late because we had over a dozen great pubs within walking distance and the curry mile on our doorstep.
The quantity and quality of pubs we have now are shit in comparison which is why many can't wait to get away.
If we have great bars and restaurants In the vicinity more people will be inclined to stay longer myself included.
That's what we will have with the new City Square and access to the Arena, thousands will be able to eat and drink before and after the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.