North Stand Construction Discussion

Great post. Reality is the vast majority of our match going fans don’t want to stay around the stadium for a couple of hours after a match. Most just want to get home. It’s a great option to have, but Im not fussed either way about that element

It’s before the game I’d think most fans would be using it

Tbf, it holds 3k out of a 61k capacity. It doesn’t need to appeal to the vast majority of our fans.

It's about City recognising the problem doesn't start or end at the Etihad.

Fans leave early because of the issues getting to and from the stadium, not the opportunity to stick around it at their leisure.

I blame City for a lot of it, they have done very little to establish what the issues are because they see it like you seemingly do, it's not their problem?

But it is a problem for them, or they wouldn't be trying token gestures to address, but always with the mindset of how they can monetise fans further.

City don't need to care that someone from Sale or Alty can't get a direct tram to the stadium or it takes more than an hour to drive eight miles for any evening game, with no parking places to speak of.

What it does do, however, is impact the fans' mindset how they attend and for how long.

My criticism of City is the huge influence they have over the council and have done little to improve the relief roads or tram timetables, let alone offering solutions.

City don't want a transport solution that gets us to and away from games quickly.

They want us there early, they want us there late. We could build another tram stop on the south side of the ground, if we really wanted to address ten thousand people leaving on 85 minutes.

When you add in the latest plans for further zero car parking, it is clear the club and council are in total alignment.

I can tell you the players are shit, showered and changed and sat in the same traffic as the rest of us before many others are back on a tram.

Cars are parked fifty yards away so they make a sharp exit.

There will be plenty of occasions when there will be 60k football supporters and another 15-20k rocking up for an event at the Arena on the same day, which will have the tills ringing, but absolute mayhem in the surroundings.

I'm not sure Soriano will give it too much thought when he's still holding court in the Chairman's Lounge two hours after the game and filling his face with Gambas.
You don’t know what the the club is doing,or has done,or with whom,or when.

They will be aware of the problems and of the incompetence of the Metro operators.

To suggest that the club is in collusion with the council regarding parking protocols is ludicrous. Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the legal responsibilities the club has to comply with on related matters.

The construction of the arena, North Stand and Hotel will require/ demand improvements/ solutions and they will come.

As a matter of interest where do you live ?

Try and be happy.

The days of pubs are numbered in now. you Would need your head examining to open one up these days.
Match day plus concerts should keep a well run pub going near the ground.

I lived in Anfield of all places for six months and it seemed to work there. I’d obviously keep away when they were at home.

Thats really interesting and says they don't have much faith in discussions with transport providers. I'm guessing the club is a little hamstrung in that it cant say we will build a huge fuck off multi story to house 1000's more cars because of the green agenda that they must comply with. On the other hand they are faced with a public transport system that is not fit for purpose on match days and is likely to remain that way. Can you give any more detail about your discussion?

Not really much more I can say other than City have apparently spoken to the council a billion times about extra trams but basically just got nowt back. Unsurprisingly!

For people who essentially don't need to get home because, as you say, they are tourists anyhow.

Those people are probably staying in city centre for the weekend and in no rush to join the manc commute home.
By tourists I’m assuming you mean irregular match day visitors rather than season ticket holders that still travel hundreds of miles and have similar or greater transport problems to greater Manchester based fans.
Btw I agree with you that the club has enough clout and wealth to fix this once and for all.

What makes this thread even funnier is that there will be no trams to the Etihad for what, 2 seasons? We'll have 7k more fans, thousands fewer places to park and essentially no public transport.

Empty seats at home!...

I'll offer piggy-backs to and from Piccadilly for the FOCs on here - £50 return journey, take it or leave it.

I said a while back an electric bus fleet of 50-100 100 plus capacity vehicles could whisk fans and gig goers away to hubs with an odd road closure and traffic lights coordinated efficiently.
I think this is a nice idea in theory, but in practice, it's very unrealistic.

Firstly, who would pay for the buses? Where would they store them when they aren't being used? Which roads would they close (when there are concerts on would there be nightly closures all year round)? How much would it cost to use? Where would they find staff who were happy with this infrequent work when there's a labour shortage already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.