North Stand Construction Discussion

For people who essentially don't need to get home because, as you say, they are tourists anyhow.

Those people are probably staying in city centre for the weekend and in no rush to join the manc commute home.

The issue remains and will continue to do so because thousands of people just want to actually go to the game and go home, without the jumping through hoops which entails getting to and from the stadium for most games, certainly night matches when it also joins the regular rush hour.

And that was without the reduced car parking options...

It's not a flowery tow path, electric charging points for bikes or fancy pints, the fans need.

It's a committed and cohesive transport plan, something this country is absolutely shite at.
Can't blame city for that, fuck me how much has the club got to pay into OUR club before people are happy, write to your M.P for fucks sake...

Sly stone from rag central
The Etihad Stadium is already the fifth biggest stadium in the Premier League but there is a gap of almost 7,000 from City to Arsenal, who are fourth on the list with 60,704.
In 2021-22, City’s matchday revenue was £54m, significantly behind Arsenal's 80 m
Aren't tickets a lot more expensive at arsenal ?
Yeah and the markup on lattes is ridiculous

For people who essentially don't need to get home because, as you say, they are tourists anyhow.

Those people are probably staying in city centre for the weekend and in no rush to join the manc commute home.

The issue remains and will continue to do so because thousands of people just want to actually go to the game and go home, without the jumping through hoops which entails getting to and from the stadium for most games, certainly night matches when it also joins the regular rush hour.

And that was without the reduced car parking options...

It's not a flowery tow path, electric charging points for bikes or fancy pints, the fans need.

It's a committed and cohesive transport plan, something this country is absolutely shite at.
This is correct. Cars are not the answer to get 60,000 plus people in and out of a specific area. It needs an organised and integrated transport plan that is executed with precision. The present offerings are amateur at best. It’s a feature of the UK that we do half a job…. Banning cars, imposing parking restrictions etc without providing adequate alternatives. It’s fair to say that outside the capital public transport in the UK is largely a shambles. Look at the metro link on match days it’s a joke.

The more I zoom into the hotel and see more of it, the more I hate the look of it.

I’m hoping it really isn’t that bad?

A5D182E8-FF59-4F92-ADB3-9269CB608203.jpeg

I don’t tend to bother with such things myself but I’ve heard multiple people say that in interviews etc. numerous players have repeatedly said that as a group they’ve decided they prefer kicking towards the North Stand second half.

Our changing rooms are on the North stand side of the CBS. which is why we warm up on that side of the pitch and kick towards the South stand first half.

With the COOP Arena going up fast and with regular crowds visiting the area, not just on City match days, I imagine more pubs and bars and restaurants will be popping up in the area? We’re absolutely crying out for some decent watering holes around the ground

The days of pubs are numbered in now. you Would need your head examining to open one up these days.

This is the rub of it for me.

For people having a big day out, it's fantastic to have these extra facilities. They look incredible, and really something for the club to be proud of.

But the reality is, for the vast majority of our match going fans, it's not a big day out going to the game. It's just part of our everyday routine, we want to get in and get out as quickly as possible.

It used to take me 25 minutes to get to Maine Rd and 25 minutes to get home after. I now live a similar distance away from the Etihad and it's an hour minimum to get there including the walk from the car. An hour and a half for night games. Getting home is an hour at least.

It's become such a hassle that it's sometimes just not always worth it for the impact it has on family and work life.

200 bike stands and some weeding on the tow path is not going to make the blindest bit of difference to the transport issues. But 7k extra fans will. The larger no parking zone will. Just in the opposite direction.

I don't blame the club, I know it's full of the best and brightest minds. I'm sure they're aware that we need a serious joined up transport strategy, but they're at the mercy of the council and the tram / train operators.

There has to be a better transport solution than those proposed. It needs a big idea and possibly big investment. We've got the best team, the best manager, the best executives, the best training ground, we'll have the best stadium if these proposals come off, but we've got a 3rd rate transport solution.
Superb post and I completely agree with everything you say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.