North Stand Construction Discussion

The images so far aren't brilliant. Even the CGI's are fairly vague. No CGI of the stand internally for example and nothing from ground level.

It's a shame to be losing the stadium aesthetic but you'd still get that from the south, east and west when looking at the ground. And it will be one hell of an imposing stand/block as you come down from the north towards it. They've had to create something that also functions on non-footballing days, where you don't feel like you're just hanging around an empty football ground. They've balanced that pretty well considering they're very restricted in terms of what they can do and the amount of space. Hopefully more CGI's are revealed soon alongside the planning application and they'll convince more people. It would have been nice to just have this monster North Stand in front of you as you walk up, without being hidden behind the other elements. But I still think it will look epic.

Transport wise - it's all been said. It needs sorting but it's not easy. This country doesn't like to think strategically, and when it does it's usually fucked up. City can only offer money. We can't6 do a privatised solution. What should have happened, alongside the collar site masterplan (which could have simply modelled different uses and transport impacts), is a strategic transport solution in partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester, Highways, National Rail and the City Council to work out what could be done and then cost some schemes and look for developments to help fund them.

Instead it's all piecemeal. But I dread to think what it will be like when a match starts/finishes around a concert time. It's going to be carnage.

Good post Supercity88.

I agree, good CGI’s are worth there weight in gold.

As this is an initial teaser with basic drawings and not very clear CGI’s, it’s better to wait. Everything will be much clearer at the exhibition space. There will be better CGI’s, maybe a model, maybe a flythrough video, and people to talk to involved in the proposal. The first exhibition space is at the ground on Saturday.

City Square North Stand, Etihad Stadium
Saturday 4 March – Sunday 26 March
Monday – Saturday 09:00 – 18:00, Sunday 10:00 – 16:00
Open on matchday from 09:00 – 1 hour after full time
Beswick Library, 60 Grey Mare Lane, M11 3DS
Thursday 9 March 2023, 15:00 to 18:30
The Foyer at the National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, M11 4DQ
Monday 13 March 2023, 15:00 to 19:00
Church of the Apostles, Ridgway Street, Miles Platting, M40 7FY
Wednesday 15 March 2023, 15:30 to 18:30

One thing I didn't notice on first viewing - it seems the 2nd tier will remain as it currently is. Look how the second tier bends around the corner on this picture.

It looks like Upper tier is essentially being stuck on top of the existing 2nd tier.

1677748140958-png.4707519

One thing I didn't notice on first viewing - it seems the 2nd tier will remain as it currently is. Look how the second tier bends around the corner on this picture.

It looks like Upper tier is essentially being stuck on top of the existing 2nd tier.

I assumed that would be the case as I expect they will want to build in the same way as the South behind the existing stand without closing it. Only difference will be it will join the top of it insted on coming in above the second tier.
Any other way would probably mean closing the stand.

I only skipped through the email once and can’t be arsed reading it again but I’m pretty sure it said the new seats, incorporating the existing second tier, would be on a steeper gradient than the current second tier. So sounds like a complete rebuild to me.

There were a lot more options at Maine Road (The Parkway and Wilmslow Road) but if you parked in one of the side streets, car parks or schools you were fucked....unless you left early
Correct, parking in the school opposite the Sherwood was a twat getting away. Getting to Wilmslow rd took 30 mins, then another 30 mins to town, then 30 further mins to Chadderton. Now, from Orange car park to home, 30 mins total.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.