North Stand Construction Discussion

What do you mean about time to leave the ground
I am talking about the design of the North Stand upper Tier. If all fans - maybe 12k - had to walk down to the bottom of the tier it would take a very long time to get out of the ground. I expect people to be able to exit from the middle of the stand and that requires extra exit routes to built. I expect they would be enclosed within the expanded structure / facilities.

I like the idea of ‘The Great Northern’,perhaps incorporating ‘Kippax’ into the naming of the new stand.

It wants to have a clear,earthy,industrial Mancunian / Northern name that fans can identify with and a unique,instantly identifiable, recognition

PXL-20230305-112220659-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20230305-112257785-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20230305-112314864-MP-2.jpg

I didnt say its not relevant at all, i said how much emotional attachment is there for something that was knocked down 30 years ago. And most of the people we are trying to attract never experienced it. Its a valid question i think.

Fair enough. You could say that about anything from city past though. Maine road, past players, the kippax.

You don’t have to have seen something or been alive to have an emotional attachment. I’m 28 never went in the kippax or saw Colin bell play, but I still appreciate the history of them and think celebrating that history is important.

I think calling it the trautman stand would make perfect sense as well. Never saw him play either.

Last edited:
Ffs.

Also, it won’t because there’s a giant gap 2/3 of a football pitch wide between the two main buildings.

Calm down!

Of course that whole view of the Etihad will be obscured, regardless if you can see through the gap in-between the 2 buildings/arms, along with a glazed plaza front, roof, etc. I'm not bothered either way. It progress.

PXL-20230305-111214881-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20230305-112605053-MP-2.jpg

Screenshot-20230305-133649-2.png

Updated construction pictures of the Coop Live Arena to follow on the Etihad Campus thread

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.