North Stand Construction Discussion

I’ve mentioned the ‘wrap’ on the Yas Marina Hotel,along with other UAE architectural designs and facilities, on several occasions on this thread.

The Etihad Stadium is the biggest fixed infrastructure asset that the owners /club have. Witnessing what they are accustomed to in Abu Dhabi I think it is reasonable to assume that they will want to ‘wrap’the stadium in a spectacular style at some point.

They absolutely love the spectacular, take a look at the Grand Mosque, Louvre Gallary and Sheikh Zayed Museum in ABD.....truly fantastic !!
zayed_nationalmuseum_00-5.jpg

Louvre-Abu-Dhabi-Museum-3.jpg

The question is how do we end up with something that looks like a bolt on the stadium a square box @Gone for a Burton

The two-tier stand is perfect inside but the work needs to be done on the outside of the design of new North Stand

At the moment the drawing that city has provided looks boxy like an ad on, someone posted a while back copying what Real Madrid has done, which is a good shout.

But copy something like Yes Marina Hotel, you could start with the New North Stand and work your way down the stadium only once other expansions have happened then the stadium could be an iconic landmark in Manchester.

Just look at the pictures

430839055.jpg

yas-20hotel-01-tcm47-567374.jpg

yas-marina-hotel-09.jpg

76651715_2906070102750431_232611361417330688_n.jpg
Massive cock and balls!

Perhaps we should wait for the CGI renders at least, if not the full plans?

Unless City release any further CGI’s we’ll have to wait for the planning application. Once that’s submitted there won’t be any changes.

TBH it’s a bit shit. How do the club expect to get honest and serious feedback from the fans when they haven’t released any detailed and decent CGI’s and information about the different aspects of the proposal. No model. No flythrough. Etc.

The view of the Etihad from Joe Mercer Way that will be lost.

PXL-20230305-111339202-MP-2.jpg

Unless City release any further CGI’s we’ll have to wait for the planning application. Once that’s submitted there won’t be any changes.

TBH it’s a bit shit. How do the club expect to get honest and serious feedback from the fans when they haven’t released any detailed and decent CGI’s and information about the different aspects of the proposal. No model. No flythrough. Etc.

Was more confused at the flip flopping. They’ve delivered exactly what you wanted and have been asking for. We’ll see the proper renders in late Spring/summer following all the latest feedback. Something to look forward to.

BD53340F-4F89-4772-9AA4-E1E623FFB24C.jpeg

Are you unable to make comments / observations based on what the club has announced.

The club has received thousands of responses to the consultation questionnaire.

Did you complete the consultation questionnaire and if so what was your general or specific reaction ?

Was more confused at the flip flopping. They’ve delivered exactly what you wanted and have been asking for. We’ll see the proper renders in late Spring/summer following all the latest feedback. Something to look forward to.

View attachment 71217

I’ve already stated the club have delivered ‘what the fans wanted’. The club could have quite easily released more detailed CGI’s of the proposal. They have them.

I’ve been to numerous public consultations over the years where that has been done.

The club are asking fans for important feedback on the back of basic drawings with little or no detail.

I’ve already stated the club have delivered ‘what the fans wanted’. The club could have quite easily released more detailed CGI’s of the proposal. They have them.

I’ve been to numerous public consultations over the years where that has been done.

The club are asking fans for important feedback on the back of basic drawings with little or no detail.

What do you feel better drawings would add to the proposal that we haven’t seen so far from the information and images?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.