North Stand Construction Discussion

The 192 Bus Route boasts an underused park and ride hub in Hazel Grove with plenty of car parking space, and all that’s required is a few double decker buses, outside the ETIHAD, pointing away from the city centre, and towards Stockport and beyond.

How interesting (for me, not for anyone else!). When was that developed, out of curiosity? I lived on Shepley Drive in my Manchester years (later, at Heaviley, when I used to bus in on the 192 to work in Longsight — it seems to me it was still the 92 at that point).

How interesting (for me, not for anyone else!). When was that developed, out of curiosity? I lived on Shepley Drive in my Manchester years (later, at Heaviley, when I used to bus in on the 192 to work in Longsight — it seems to me it was still the 92 at that point).

I live quite close to Shepley Drive

The Park and Ride was designed around 2017 and situated at the end of the 192 Route, roughly 200 metres past the Rising Sun on Macclesfield Road.

In theory it's a good idea because commuters from South of Hazel Grove can park their car and catch the 192 into Manchester. However, the car park never seems more than 10% full, despite a bus running every 15 minutes.
I've always believed that a football supporters bus, travelling straight to the ETIHAD, would benefit hundreds of City supporters (especially after the match). However, it's such an obvious idea that I presume there must be something stopping it from happening.

I suspect a number of fans will be concerned that there may be empty seats visible on match days, as a result of the increased capacity. However this could easily be resolved by giving season tickets in lieu of part of the professional fees, that will be charged by the battery of Lawyers we have instructed to represent us against the Premier League. If rumours are correct this will be more than enough to cover any empty seats. We could also name it the ‘Baron Pannick’ stand.

I live quite close to Shepley Drive

The Park and Ride was designed around 2017 and situated at the end of the 192 Route, roughly 200 metres past the Rising Sun on Macclesfield Road.

In theory it's a good idea because commuters from South of Hazel Grove can park their car and catch the 192 into Manchester. However, the car park never seems more than 10% full, despite a bus running every 15 minutes.
I've always believed that a football supporters bus, travelling straight to the ETIHAD, would benefit hundreds of City supporters (especially after the match). However, it's such an obvious idea that I presume there must be something stopping it from happening.

Oh so it's fairly recent, I see.
On the face of it, your idea sounds good. I just suspect that people coming in from the the south actually park at one the Cheshire railway stations (including Hazel Grove itself) and get into Piccadilly from there.
But for sure a direct link with the Etihad (with presumably two or three stops along the way) would be tempting to some.
A propos of nothing in particular, and certainly not this thread: went to school with a very pleasant, quiet lad who was killed in a head on collision on the Macc Road just south of the Rising Sun. Dead at seventeen years of age. We just could not believe it. I still think about him from time to time.

Oh so it's fairly recent, I see.
On the face of it, your idea sounds good. I just suspect that people coming in from the the south actually park at one the Cheshire railway stations (including Hazel Grove itself) and get into Piccadilly from there.
But for sure a direct link with the Etihad (with presumably two or three stops along the way) would be tempting to some.
A propos of nothing in particular, and certainly not this thread: went to school with a very pleasant, quiet lad who was killed in a head on collision on the Macc Road just south of the Rising Sun. Dead at seventeen years of age. We just could not believe it. I still think about him from time to time.

Unfortunately there aren't enough regular trains for that scenario to currently sound appealing, especially for night matches, when an 8pm kick dictates just one train realistically available for the return journey.

I lived in Whaley Bridge for 40 years before moving to Hazel Grove and you'd be surprised at just how many regular Season Ticket holders reside around that North Derbyshire-East Cheshire border (which despite not being in Greater Manchester is essentially a City stronghold)

For most home games they are faced with a simple choice.

1/Stomach the ridiculous traffic on the A6 and the limited free parking space around Ashburys
2/ Catch the train and walk back into Manchester after the match

This has definitely worsened since the last stadium capacity increase, and the subsequent hassle has further encouraged the beat-the-traffic brigade to leave before the end.

I travel to all games by train now, but even living in Hazel Grove I'm lucky if I get home from an 8pm kick off within two hours of the Final Whistle.
Some kind of direct bus service after a match would save an hour for anyone living in that area.

I might just be around to see it?

Once HS2 arrives the whe area will explode with development. It's already happening as you say.
Being reported today that HS2 delayed again, I seriously doubt that it will ever happen!

I totally agree with @jrb , Jump Studios are doing work on COOP live, a goal line bar and in-house brewery would be perfect for the new North Stand, Spurs have shown everyone the way that inside stadiums should look
About the only thing Spurs have shown anybody want to do !

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.