North Stand Construction Discussion

Being reported today that HS2 delayed again, I seriously doubt that it will ever happen!

if does happen it won’t be in my lifetime. Which is pretty sh*t as I was looking forward to seeing HS2 arrive and all the redevelopment it would bring to Piccadilly Station and the surrounding area.

On a more cheerful note. :-)

Just bought a Canon 2000D DSLR camera + EF-S 18-55mm IS II compact zoom lens (JL mark down) And a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM zoom lens. (which I bought from a charity shop for £50 :-) )

I’m ready for redevelopment and construction of the North Stand to begin.

Keeping my trusted, much loved and battered compact Sony RX100 - 3. Great for taking pictures in tight spaces, through fences, through gates, over hoardings, etc.

if does happen it won’t be in my lifetime. Which is pretty sh*t as I was looking forward to seeing HS2 arrive and all the redevelopment it would bring to Piccadilly Station and the surrounding area.

On a more cheerful note. :-)

Just bought a Canon 2000D DSLR camera + EF-S 18-55mm IS II compact zoom lens (JL mark down) And a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM zoom lens. (which I bought from a charity shop for £50 :-) )

I’m ready for construction of the North Stand to begin.

Keeping my trusted and much loved compact Sony RX100 - 3. Great for taking pictures in tight spaces, through fences, through gates, over hoardings, etc.

I went to the consultaion cabin at the Etihad yesterday mate to give feedback, one of the two fellas said they were expecting the North stand if permission is given to start in September. He also said it would be done for the 2024 season and the Hotel finish 2025. The biggest concern almost everyone has is: Transport and parking.
That'll give you something to hang on for mate lol.

Last edited:
Here's a map City & Manchester Council... GMPTE etc.

carte

Now, choose 8 routes. Let's say towards:

1. City centre/Salford (& via Metrolink)
2. Failsworth & Oldham
3. Ashton-Under-Lyne (& via Metrolink)
4. Ashburys, Belle Vue & Gorton
5. Levenshulme, Stockport
6. Stretford (& via Metrolink)
7. Prestwich & Whitefield (& via Metrolink)
8. My house via pubs.

Slap on buses to get fans out and away from the ground to sites that have park and ride, rail, Metrolink interchanges and decrease the pressure on the local stadium traffic.

Create a monorail system to orbit Manchester.
giphy.gif

I went to the consultaion cabin at the Etihad yesterday mate to give feedback, one of the two fellas said they were expecting the North stand if permission is given to start in September. He also said it would be done for the 2024 season and the Hotel finish 2025. The biggest concern almost everyone has is: Transport and parking.
Sounds pretty rapid build. How long did the south stand take to complete?

No chance we build the North stand extension in 11 months. Be August 2025 and 2026 for the hotel. Poor they are giving the wrong info at the exhibition.

I live quite close to Shepley Drive

The Park and Ride was designed around 2017 and situated at the end of the 192 Route, roughly 200 metres past the Rising Sun on Macclesfield Road.

In theory it's a good idea because commuters from South of Hazel Grove can park their car and catch the 192 into Manchester. However, the car park never seems more than 10% full, despite a bus running every 15 minutes.
I've always believed that a football supporters bus, travelling straight to the ETIHAD, would benefit hundreds of City supporters (especially after the match). However, it's such an obvious idea that I presume there must be something stopping it from happening.
There are a lot of obvious things they could have done! ;-)

No chance we build the North stand extension in 11 months. Be August 2025 and 2026 for the hotel. Poor they are giving the wrong info at the exhibition.
Probably an indication on how important City see this ‘consolation’ process.

Putting a couple of clueless buffoons on the desk with no idea of timescales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.