North Stand Construction Discussion

I went to the consultaion cabin at the Etihad yesterday mate to give feedback, one of the two fellas said they were expecting the North stand if permission is given to start in September. He also said it would be done for the 2024 season and the Hotel finish 2025. The biggest concern almost everyone has is: Transport and parking.
That'll give you something to hang on for mate lol.

Sounds like they got that wrong. It’s in the information that was given by the club last week that the north stand will be finished August 2025 and the rest in the latter half of 2026.

if does happen it won’t be in my lifetime. Which is pretty sh*t as I was looking forward to seeing HS2 arrive and all the redevelopment it would bring to Piccadilly Station and the surrounding area.

On a more cheerful note. :-)

Just bought a Canon 2000D DSLR camera + EF-S 18-55mm IS II compact zoom lens (JL mark down) And a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM zoom lens. (which I bought from a charity shop for £50 :-) )

I’m ready for redevelopment and construction of the North Stand to begin.

Keeping my trusted, much loved and battered compact Sony RX100 - 3. Great for taking pictures in tight spaces, through fences, through gates, over hoardings, etc.

You on the visit tomorrow mate??

I live quite close to Shepley Drive

The Park and Ride was designed around 2017 and situated at the end of the 192 Route, roughly 200 metres past the Rising Sun on Macclesfield Road.

In theory it's a good idea because commuters from South of Hazel Grove can park their car and catch the 192 into Manchester. However, the car park never seems more than 10% full, despite a bus running every 15 minutes.
I've always believed that a football supporters bus, travelling straight to the ETIHAD, would benefit hundreds of City supporters (especially after the match). However, it's such an obvious idea that I presume there must be something stopping it from happening.

I thought bullocks ran a coach from the hazel grove to the etihad?

There’s also a decent train service to town as well. I usually drive through gorton/ reddish and it’s normally a quick drive home.

I’ moved to offerton/ border of hazel grove and yes there are city fans, but there’s a lot of county fans as well. I wouldn’t say it’s a city populated as somewhere like cheadle or Heald green.

Not many people use the park and ride as it is.I think that’s because of the location and the fact it can take a long time to get to town from there

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.