North Stand Construction Discussion

Right when the consultation started think City are just ticking boxes to aid their planning application so they can say so many supporters (Whatever that number is )have been contacted for their views!
Of course. But the point is that the more fans who tell them they want it to be an atmosphere end, the more chance there is of that happening.

Of course. But the point is that the more fans who tell them they want it to be an atmosphere end, the more chance there is of that happening.
I think the fact they seem to be going for the 2 tier instead of mirroring the South suggests they have taken that at least on board.
Will mean a big relocation and plenty will complain about that but as long as the club bite the bullet with that,I think we’ll get the atmosphere end.

There's no need for that!

Winge like a fanny. :-) Not heard that saying for years.

You're right, it is a positive story about City in the Daily Mail for once, instead of the usual lies and rubbish they constantly write or rehash from other newspapers about the Club.(and the players)

View attachment 73533

Nevertheless, parts of the article are in-correct and misleading, regardless of who wrote the headline, created the graphics, and the article itself.

Unless Jack knows something the rest of us don't, the club shop isn't going where the National Squash Centre and offices are, the Hotel isn't going that far back on the Collar site, if at all on the Collar site, and nobody knows exactly, as far as I know, what the new capacity of the Etihad will be, or what the new capacity of North stand and level 2 Will be.

As Jack is a paid journalist he should have checked all the information about the North stand expansion before writing the article. There are numerous sources he could and should have used. This thread, the Etihad Campus thread, the North stand consultation information, and the club itself. If you ring the club there is a direct line to speak to the people dealing with the North stand expansion consultation. (option 1, option 5)

These 2 images have been available for weeks, neither have been used in Jack’s article.

View attachment 73534

View attachment 73535

Let’s put Jack’s article down to lazy journalisam and an off day. I’ll leave it at that.

PS. There are currently 541 comments under the article. I haven’t read any of the comments because I (we all) know what the majority of the comments will be about, bar the comments from City fans.

Jack Gaughans original article on it back in February was much better, this seems like the DM has rehashed it.

Reactions: jrb
I think the fact they seem to be going for the 2 tier instead of mirroring the South suggests they have taken that at least on board.
Will mean a big relocation and plenty will complain about that but as long as the club bite the bullet with that,I think we’ll get the atmosphere end.

That's one aspect of it. As others have said, I'm in SS2, and we can't hear a thing from SS1, where the 1894 guys congregate. We can hear the third tier, but I'm far from certain they can hear us.
But the other thing that kills it stone dead is that there a bloody great corporate block slap bang in the middle, thus breaking any singing that might be going on. Put that alongside the fact that opposition fans take levels 1 and 2 over on the east side (and sometimes all three levels), and you in effect have a stand that has been broken up into an archipelago of singing sections that can't hear each other and so get a groundswell going.
In short, the north stand should join at least two continuous tiers — three continuous levels, as at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, would have been ideal, but it won't happen — it should have no away fans whatsoever, and not a corporate in sight. It should form a bloc, a mass of blue and white (with a touch of maroon, which I'm always partial to, being old school), somewhat in the manner of Dortmund's Sudkurve. But without the drum, thank you very much.
For myself, I'd prefer to stay in the South Stand, because I dream of a day when the two ends will serenade each other. It used to happen sometimes at the old Highbury stadium, on special nights, and it was quite something to witness (or in my case hear on the radio or telly, since I didn't make a habit of going there, obviously).
Obviously, the Kippax could never get the Main Stand going – toffs that they were!

;-)

Last edited:
I think you’re dead right. I can’t see another reason for them not mirroring the other end. I think it will make a massive difference too.

That's one aspect of it. As others have said, I'm in SS2, and we can't hear a thing from SS1, where the 1894 guys congregate. We can hear the third tier, but I'm far from certain they can hear us.
But the other thing that kills it stone dead is that there a bloody great corporate block slap bang in the middle, thus breaking any singing that might be going on. Put that alongside the fact that opposition fans take levels 1 and 2 over on the east side (and sometimes all three levels), and you in effect have a stand that has been broken up into an archipelago of singing sections that can't hear each other and so get a groundswell going.
In short, the north stand should join at least two continuous tiers — three continuous levels, as at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, would have been ideal, but it won't happen — it should have no away fans whatsoever, and not a corporate in sight. It should form a bloc, a mass of blue and white (with a touch of maroon, which I'm always partial to, being old school), somewhat in the manner of Dortmund's Sudkurve. But without the drum, thank you very much.
For myself, I'd prefer to stay in the South Stand, because I dream of a day when the two ends will serenade each other. It used to happen sometimes at the old Highbury stadium, on special nights, and it was quite something to witness (or in my case hear on the radio or telly, since I didn't make a habit of going there, obviously).
Obviously, the Kippax could never get the Main Stand going – toffs that they were!

;-)
One of my favoutire songs that: "Main stand, give us a song, main stand main stand give us a song"

;-)
The extended NS will be fully occupied from day one with relocated singers and new fans.

SS1 & 3 will become a second home end for those singers and agitators who want to be near the away lot or can’t get into NSL2

‘ Leaders ‘ will be needed in both ends ensure that fans start as they need to go on in sparking off one another to create an intense, intimidating atmosphere.

A hard core of atmospheric songs and chants should be established that generate the loudest noise, whilst shit ones like ‘CITYs goin down' etc are fucked off for good.

We’ll only get one chance to get off to a big bang....we must get it right first time.

Organisation & leadership are required.

Zigger Zaggar Zigger Zagger oi oi oi !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.