North Stand Construction Discussion

Cheap journalism as usual, got half a story and made the rest up to suit his agenda, 8000 extra seats that make it bigger then Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool but that doesn't suit his remit. If you gave fans decent leg room at very Old Trafford it would be down to about 60k ! Just anothet attempt to put us down !
They could rename the old Trafford stadium the Ryanair arena
Although it’s out of the question given owner is blue

Like many, I suppose, I've just received an e-mail from the club asking me for feedback. The only issue I'd really like to talk about is this one, frankly, but haven't had a close look at the questionnaire to see whether there's provision for it. If it's just a box-ticking exercise, I'll pass.
I don't care about the price of pies, or the time it takes to get served a pint at half-time. I do care about the trams, and how bloody long it takes to get home, whether going in the Ashton direction or into town — but I strongly suspect that it's not part of the club's remit, and that they don't have much control over it. I don't have a strong feeling of outrage about the price of season tickets, to be honest. Yeah, it's stupid that they keep putting the price up in small increments, but we're still among the cheapest season tickets for the PL in the country.
But if the north stand expansion goes ahead, and they get it right, and get a big singing section there, it could transform the atmosphere in the stadium. I really believe that. Anybody else filled out the questionnaire to that effect?

Like many, I suppose, I've just received an e-mail from the club asking me for feedback. The only issue I'd really like to talk about is this one, frankly, but haven't had a close look at the questionnaire to see whether there's provision for it. If it's just a box-ticking exercise, I'll pass.
I don't care about the price of pies, or the time it takes to get served a pint at half-time. I do care about the trams, and how bloody long it takes to get home, whether going in the Ashton direction or into town — but I strongly suspect that it's not part of the club's remit, and that they don't have much control over it. I don't have a strong feeling of outrage about the price of season tickets, to be honest. Yeah, it's stupid that they keep putting the price up in small increments, but we're still among the cheapest season tickets for the PL in the country.
But if the north stand expansion goes ahead, and they get it right, and get a big singing section there, it could transform the atmosphere in the stadium. I really believe that. Anybody else filled out the questionnaire to that effect?
Yep, I've made the same comment, and indeed similar comments on previous questionnaires, but share your cynicism over the ultimate outcome.
I used to live in Whaley Bridge, but moved to Hazel Grove a few years ago, and the bottleneck of post match traffic has visibly worsened since the previous stadium capacity increase.

Consequently, we tend to travel into town by train, but for a midweek 8pm, this means getting home for almost midnight which is utterly ridiculous.

Ideally, the club would provide some post match double decker buses pointing south, but it needs to be incentivized in such a way that fans can visualize the obvious benefits, such as costing less money and getting home quicker

It won't happen for the reasons that you stated.

YEs, me, back when the consultation started.

You really come across as a idiot at times journalists don't write the headlines or do the pictures.
A positive story for once and you winge like a fanny.

There's no need for that!

Winge like a fanny. :-) Not heard that saying for years.

You're right, it is a positive story about City in the Daily Mail for once, instead of the usual lies and rubbish they constantly write or rehash from other newspapers about the Club.(and the players)

7FBC6D07-F5A1-48E9-AD68-99EBCA99A435.jpeg

Nevertheless, parts of the article are in-correct and misleading, regardless of who wrote the headline, created the graphics, and the article itself.

Unless Jack knows something the rest of us don't, the club shop isn't going where the National Squash Centre and offices are, the Hotel isn't going that far back on the Collar site, if at all on the Collar site, and nobody knows exactly, as far as I know, what the new capacity of the Etihad will be, or what the new capacity of North stand and level 2 Will be.

As Jack is a paid journalist he should have checked all the information about the North stand expansion before writing the article. There are numerous sources he could and should have used. This thread, the Etihad Campus thread, the North stand consultation information, and the club itself. If you ring the club there is a direct line to speak to the people dealing with the North stand expansion consultation. (option 1, option 5)

These 2 images have been available for weeks, neither have been used in Jack’s article.

623B4664-146E-4B54-90E0-CC93996D9D01.jpeg

9835157D-4E1A-496A-AD37-4F597BDD651E.jpeg

Let’s put Jack’s article down to lazy journalisam and an off day. I’ll leave it at that.

PS. There are currently 541 comments under the article. I haven’t read any of the comments because I (we all) know what the majority of the comments will be about, bar the comments from City fans.

There's no need for that!

Winge like a fanny. :-) Not heard that saying for years.

You're right, it is a positive story about City in the Daily Mail for once, instead of the usual lies and rubbish they constantly write or rehash from other newspapers about the Club.(and the players)

View attachment 73533

Nevertheless, parts of the article are in-correct and misleading, regardless of who wrote the headline, created the graphics, and the article itself.

Unless Jack knows something the rest of us don't, the club shop isn't going where the National Squash Centre and offices are, the Hotel isn't going that far back on the Collar site, if at all on the Collar site, and nobody knows exactly, as far as I know, what the new capacity of the Etihad will be, or what the new capacity of North stand and level 2 Will be.

As Jack is a paid journalist he should have checked all the information about the North stand expansion before writing the article. There are numerous sources he could and should have used. This thread, the Etihad Campus thread, the North stand consultation information, and the club itself. If you ring the club there is a direct line to speak to the people dealing with the North stand expansion consultation. (option 1, option 5)

These 2 images have been available for weeks, neither have been used in Jack’s article.

View attachment 73534

View attachment 73535

Let’s put Jack’s article down to lazy journalisam and an off day. I’ll leave it at that.

PS. There are currently 541 comments under the article. I haven’t read any of the comments because I (we all) know what the majority of the comments will be about, bar the comments from City fans.
The 7700 is the number City have briefed.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.