North Stand Construction Discussion

’Exclusive’ (arf!) in the Daily United.

Jack Gaughan must be reading the thread. ;-)

Jack, the ’club Shop’ is wrong. And the Hotel isn’t taking up that much land. You also forgot the Museum. 7,700 extra seats? Etc.

Cue the Emptyhad Jibes from the Rags, Coach Wreckers and general City cheat haters in the comments section tomorrow.

View attachment 73496
View attachment 73497

He does mention the museum and a new megastore, the number of new seats is still up in the air anyway because they're only concepts at the moment. I highly doubt that Jack knocked up the graphic by the way.

I’m guessing that’s why the new City Square holds 3000 and not 61000.
Mainly for pre match not after match ! Would be OK to shelter from the rain if your cars a 20 minute walk away ! But it will be an excellent Facility and a good up grade on the current City Square !

Jack’s done his research, hasn’t he. Lazy tw@t! And to think, he got paid to right that guff.

At least we now know the where club shop is moving. Exclusiv! :-)
Its bollocks isn't it, club shop is in the wing with offices, museum etc

Hahahaha, on a par with Rivals?

Apart from Spuds new ground (which is bloody marvellous), can't think of many (or any) football grounds in the UK that rivals ours.

Great sightlines and leg room for the seated areas, organised standing areas, a new South Stand Bar, multiple hospitality options, food and drinks around the ground and City Sq for a pre/post match pint or pie and chips.

Send Jack to the Old Toilet if he wants to see how stadiums used to be like, think I got DVT last time I went for the Rugby League.
PATHETIC....Predictably PATHETIC !!

SPLURGE ??...A project that has been in the planning for probably 6 years, budget costed to the nth degree, linked to the arena development and designed with fan experience and engagement at the forefront.

Upon completion the complex will be the FINEST IN THE UK, having used local suppliers and materials contributing positively to the local economy and community.

SPLURGE.....Gaughan should educate himself by understanding the meaning of the word per the Oxford Dictionary !!

Jack’s done his research, hasn’t he. Lazy tw@t! And to think, he got paid to right that guff.

At least we now know the where club shop is moving. Exclusiv! :-)
You really come across as a idiot at times journalists don't write the headlines or do the pictures.
A positive story for once and you winge like a fanny.

Would think the majority of fans just want to get home or go back into Manchester after games especially those with kids ! Also can't imagine that it will be cheap to stay in the new City Sq area after games !

This is probably true, but it's the club's job to make it somewhere people want to stay for an hour.

If you put on good food and drink at affordable prices - cheaper than in town, you can probably convince people who are heading in to stay for a bit while the crowds die down.

Younger kids who go to the games with their parents have friends they'd probably love to meet up with after a match, so make a space where that can happen and the parents can tolerate/enjoy it.

Tourists will go to the museum and stick around for a drink or some food.

If you build it (and make it worth going to) they will come.

Last edited:
If you gave fans decent leg room at very Old Trafford it would be down to about 60k ! Just anothet attempt to put us down !
I'd like to see a comparison of the square footage of the stands between the Etihad and the cuntfarm - I don't think the difference would be massive even before the planned extension. The last time I was in enemy territory AND capable of sitting down in my allocated seat was the nil - five reverse in 94/95.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.