North Stand Construction Discussion

Had a few comments from "acquaintences" of the red persuasion about why are we increasing the capacity to over 60k because we cannot sell the seats we currently have , which only proves these pricks are mostly Sun readers and still think the moon is made of cheese
Everytime someone says this about empty seats, they say it with a pleased little grin on their stupid faces, as if they have just come up with something witty an original. So predictable.

Repeat. I don’t like boxed shaped buildings.(similar to the ground level section of the hotel). And I’m not saying the hotel exterior in the picture is anything like the proposed ground level City hotel exterior.

Are you talking about the proposed hotel at the stadium here? I can't see what you're referring to if so? It looks to me as if there's a covered section to the left of the fan zone, with perhaps angled windows to the club shop? I can't see any 'boxy' shapes except maybe the building to the extreme left and I don't think we can see the lower part of that at all.

Edit: scratch that, we really need better pictures...

Last edited:
Not being negative, just a concern about the possible appearance of the ground level section of the hotel. Regardless of the building and where it is, I absolutely hate plain boxed shaped buildings with numerous small square windows. I appreciate other people won’t be bothered about the buildings appearance.

One quick example I could find. I’m not saying the exterior of the City hotel will resemble this hotel.

View attachment 73830

From the new CGI Hello City posted, the Hotel seems to have 3 sections? A ground floor section opposite the stadium, the middle and upper floor sections above and overlooking the indoor fan plaza, which looks like they are connected to the back of the North stand?

I’m guessing the hotel ground floor section will contain the more affordable rooms, whilst the 2 hotel upper floor sections will contain the more expensive rooms giving access to the corporate floor/s housing the restaurants, bars, which over look the inside of the stadium and the pitch. The upper side of the Hotel has 2 blank side walls. All speculation of course on my behalf. :-)

Apologies. Enlarging the picture effects the picture quality. But you can still make out what I’m guessing at.

4-C94-AE2-E-D8-E1-4-D1-A-AB3-B-6-E25943-AE45-D.png

08-CCE45-F-6210-4-D3-F-A6-F6-E04711-E88-BB2.png
Do you know that’s the Hotel as I’d assumed the arm sticking out to the left was the hotel.

It was for games that could not be broadcast on TV.

I once watched a City away 3pm Saturday game at the home ground. Not sure what the rules are. But safe to assume City had permission from the Premier League.

Initially they had it on the big screens out in the ground aswell as on the TVs inside the suite it was being shown. But when we went out and sat on the balcony to watch it, we got told to come in and a short time later they went off. So not sure whether that was related to the conditions of them showing it or they were just being dicks.

I once watched a City away 3pm Saturday game at the home ground. Not sure what the rules are. But safe to assume City had permission from the Premier League.

Initially they had it on the big screens out in the ground aswell as on the TVs inside the suite it was being shown. But when we went out and sat on the balcony to watch it, we got told to come in and a short time later they went off. So not sure whether that was related to the conditions of them showing it or they were just being dicks.
You could show games when playing away at the home ground with the away team's permission when it was sold out, like when we got beat 4-0 at Arsenal.

If it is a home game you can show what you like in your ground, which seemed to extend to buildings which were joined to the ground even if people in that suite or bar don't have a seat in the ground. For a Sat 3pm they could open part of the hotel to 500 fans with bars 30 mins before kick off as guests have gone to the game, charge £20 to get in and £6 a pint all game. I'm sure it would appeal to quite a few if the games continue to sell out.

The CGI is getting more and more distorted. Lol!

Just to clarify.

I’m guessing, it‘s only a guess, and I could be wrong, the 2 sepetate blocks are part of the hotel? The exterior and windows look the same on each block. It isn’t the museum, souvenir shop, and I doubt it’s the work spaces. Somebody, forget who, apologies, posted 400(?) Hotel rooms.

497A2FD6-6BE4-4111-A52E-E0B7C30AD846.jpeg

Just to clarify.

I’m guessing, it‘s only a guess, and I could be wrong, the 2 sepetate blocks are part of the hotel? The exterior and windows look the same on each block. It isn’t the museum, souvenir shop, and I doubt it’s the work spaces.

View attachment 73849
They are 100% both part of the hotel. Not sure where that CGI has come from originally but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Just to clarify.

I’m guessing, it‘s only a guess, and I could be wrong, the 2 sepetate blocks are part of the hotel? The exterior and windows look the same on each block. It isn’t the museum, souvenir shop, and I doubt it’s the work spaces. Somebody, forget who, apologies, posted 400(?) Hotel rooms.

View attachment 73849
It is not unusual, especially in the USA, for the same hotel to have multiple levels of accommodation.

Typical is that lower floors are 3/4* with upper floors and suites 5*+. Separate checkin as well as dedicated access, upgraded security, and superior facilities are normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.